F I F T E E N

C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

"Gwan?" Han said wryly, Hayoon showed no change in expression as if she didn't bothered to repeat herself. Han didn't look like he would give in as easily, Hayoon as well didn't expect that.

"I'll agree with all conditions except Gwan." His strong rejection only made her more determined to get Gwan at all cost. Han was in a pressed situation, Hayoon could only take full advantage of it.

"Then do as you please," Hayoon said sitting back with a sly glimmer in her eyes.

"Your highness," a man entered the carriage unannounced and went on his knees, hands cupped as he greeted his master. It was the husky voice. Hayoon looked at the young man dressed in black. The man with wide shoulder kneeled respectful at the prince, who prominently wasn't pleased by his appearance.

"We are running out of time," the voice was urging. Hayoon wondered if this man was the so called Gwan, the way he spoke was as if he was begging Han to agree with Hayoon's demand. And indeed she was right. It was Gwan. The sword in his cupped fist still held trace of fresh red.

Switching his contemplative gaze from the kneeling soldier to Hayoon, she felt the slight hesitation in the prince's eyes, but soon the sly grin formed on his lips completely washed away her chances of getting her will.

"Safely escort the regent back to her chambers, even if it means causing her unconscious." Han ordered.

"You-"

"You have my content to do whatever it takes," Han added firmly not even letting Hayoon finish her outrage. His words filled fuel to the fire, anger left Hayoon lost of words, but she couldn't even rebel. In front of her were giants who could as easy as nothing make her pass out with a light hit on the back head.

Gwan's hesitation was short, not that he was afraid of offending the head of another nation, but cause he didn't know woman.

"Yes your highness," Gwan bowed, unable to hid his uncertainty.

Hayoon then stood up, distinctively Gwan draw his sword at her in reflex. Her sudden action could only interpreted as confront, which he at all cost would prevent. The girl glared at the sword that was just inches from touching her skin.

"Get rid of that," Hayoon threatened, for a moment making the man all nervous with the dangerous eyes. Looking back at Han, Gwan got approval by a simple nod and withdraw his sword.

"So what, do you plan to knock me out now?" She said accusingly at the soldier who turned all timid under her strong gaze.

"Of course not...," Gwan halted dispirited, but hurriedly fixed his attitude by Han's disciplining glare.

"If your highness is cooperating, this subject wouldn't dare act improper." His voice held more power this time. Unreadable as before Han simply studied Hayoon, she knew exactly what he was thinking.

"I'd rather go unwillingly than being humiliated as a bag of potatoes," Hayoon said clarifying.

"As you wish," Han replied.

If possible Han would take Hayoon through another path than the official one, but he couldn't. Han had no choice but go through the gate officially the way he left.

Many eyes were kept on him especially after being near dead the emperor turned much more cautious regarding the prince's well being. Ministers started to fear Han even more, afraid that he would avenge them for making him bet his head. Han was able to brush away the spies sent to trail him, now he only had to come back, officially as the way he left.

While Han took the upright way back Hayoon and Gwan had to take another path. If possible Gwan could easily climb the wall but with Hayoon he had to maintain his feet on ground. They got back through a little hole in the wall of the palace, which led to the garden.

The hole was hidden behind bushes from both side of the walls, so people couldn't easily notice it to repair the damage. Before there had been other ways but ever since the ruler of Kang went temporarily missing the security was tightened and many measurement was taking to upgrade the security.

Hiding behind the bushes Gwan carefully looked around to see if there was free path. Hayoon did the same with another intention though, she had to remember this place for another time if she wanted to leave the palace.

Two men walked through the garden, their light steps caressed the silky strands of grass. Not to get exposed Gwan fastily pulled Hayoon down to hide.

"Brother" The pathetic voice of prince Sin penetrated the garden as he followed the elder brother.

"I swear if I don't get my revenge I'll rather die!"

"Then die,"

"Brother!"

"What do you want me to do?" The tall prince approached a bush near Hayoon and Gwan, his tall figure slight bend across the rose bush. Picking up the rose he devoured its delicate fragrance letting out a calm smile as he studied its feature.

"Big-Brother, I can't even lift my head in court because of that bastard! Help me restore my pride."

"Then why spy on Han bathing to get your eye bump into his fist?" The brother said in sarcasm clearly amused with a dry laugh.

"What do you take me for?!? I'm a straight man with seven wives why would I spy on our imbecile brother?!?" Sin said outraged.

Knowing he couldn't get any help from the ignorant elder brother even after begging for days, Sin could only walk away in despair frustration.

As Sin was out of sight the prince formed an evil grin, the fatal curve of his lips made her blink in curiousness, what was he thinking to have such an expression?

Studying the rose in his hand the prince's face darkened, his eyes suddenly went malicious as he squeezed the green stem, not showing the slightest pain as it's thorn dug to the palm of his hand making him bleed.

A murderous glint flashed in those phoenix eyes, making the observer unable to not feel curious of the meaning behind that change. Soon the prince turned his heels and walked away.

Silence remained as the prince left, securing the time Gwan pulled Hayoon from her trance then got them on their feet. There was no one in sight as they ran through the garden with Gwan in the lead, they lurked in the shadow of the wall chambers.

The empty rooms which should not be resided by any man suddenly opened, a hand stretched out snapping Hayoon in the blink of an eye. Gwan turned back, to an empty spot were Hayoon was supposed to be. Roaming through the chambers Gwan searched for Hayoon but there was no trace of the girl.

.

.

What the hell is going on? Was her only thought as Hayoon found herself in darkness.

A/N: I need to come up with name instead of calling him the elder prince...

And thanks for reading^^