099

Jackson was the flicker of a candle in a dark room, he was the the light guiding a lost boat at sea. Jaebum sometimes felt like the boat, lost and wondering what paths to take, but then came Jackson Wang. Jackson with his big smiles, loud loud loud laughter, his big sparkling eyes that Jaebum knew he would be weak for ever since he started developing whatever this thing with Jackson was.

Jaebum found salvation in Jackson. In his smiles, his laugh, his voice, his eyes, in everything that was him and sometimes he had to pause and think of what the hell he was doing or what he ever did to deserve such a beautiful human being to be in his life. Jaebum was that boat and he always seeked out pathetically lost and desperate for that light to guide him home. Jackson was equally the light and the home he was being led to.

"Jaebum?" Mark's tone is soft, hand barely grazing his arm as he gives Jaebum a cold soda, eyebrows raising curiously but not saying anything as Yugyeom pats the empty spot on the couch between himself and Youngjae, leg bouncing as Youngjae tells him something that makes him smile and flush a nice pink.

Jaebum turns away from them when Mark sits in the vacant spot and grins as Youngjae leans against him and he leans against Yugyeom until they're basically all limbs tangled together.

"Hey, you know how it's my birthday in like a week?" Jackson's voice is pretty, its deep and soothing and pleasant to listen to and Jaebum nods, eyes on the other boy's lips as he leans in closer until he's pressed against Jaebum's side, far past Jaebum's personal bubble, but neither of them flinch away, Jaebum just quirks his lips into a smile and places the hand not holding his closed soda can on the younger man's thigh.

"Course I do, have it in my calendar and everything." His words seem to please the younger, his eyes looking like they could outshine the stars. "I even have a gift for you since i won't be here for it."

"You got me a gift? Can i open it? Hyung i want to open my gift please." He's half on his way to sitting on Jaebum's lap now, one leg swung over Jaebum's and his chest pressing against Jaebum's as he presses his nose and lips against Jaebum's cheek and his jaw, leaving small pecks on his skin as he curls an arm around his shoulders and the other grips his hand and links their fingers together.

"You can have half of the gift later and the other you can't have until your actual birthday."

"By later do you mean later after everyone's gone to sleep or later as in after dinner." Jackson's still pressing kisses to Jaebum's skin, but now they're on his neck, little nips of his teeth and the soothing of his tongue on the barely bite that most likely won't leave any marks behind.

"I mean later as in when we finish dinner I'll take you out for ice cream and you can have it then."

"Ice cream and a present? I love my birthday from now on even more."

"Then you'll absolutely fall in love with Christmas all together." Jaebum leans back to smile at him and then he's leaning back in to press their lips together quickly in a short peck.

"How do you expect me not to open the second part of my present until my actual birthday?" Jackson diverts the conversation away from the attention the short little peck could've gotten, cheeks flushing a soft pink to match Jaebum's.

"Because it's back at my apartment. I'll send it to you at the right time, express shipping and all." Jackson pouts and toys with the collar of Jaebum's white shirt.

"I want to eat dinner now, Jaebummie." Jaebum laughs and pats his thigh, the one he was resting his hand on and Jackson giggles along with him.

"This sucks, bitch ass Jinyoung leaving me third wheeling." BamBam's voice makes Jaebum look at him and smile apologetically.