2: Patterns and Scars

_____________________________

"Mom, I'm home!" I shouted as I walked into my home. 

She popped out from around the corner and grinned. "Alexis, come here." She said in her adoring English accent. I love my mom. She's a brunette with the same bright green eyes as me. She's an awesome mom; she always helps me if I need it and yet she still gives me space like a normal mom should. My dad met her in London years before she had my brother. My brother and I were actually born in England but we moved here when I turned three.  

She opened her arms and I walked into them. "How was your first day of senior year?"  

I smiled. "It was great. I have my AP classes this year."  

"Good for you, your brother is here by the way. Your father will be home around seven." She pulled back and smiled.  

"What is Anthony doing here? Shouldn't he be down in Florida?"  

She nodded. "He's taking a gap year."  

I groaned. "What? Why didn't he tell us sooner? Does that mean he's going to be home all the time now?"  

"He's taken a job down at the Four Season's Centre in town."  

"Where's he working?"  

She smirked. "Abercrombie and Fitch."  

Sweet hell on earth.

"Now off you go, he's upstairs waiting for you."  

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the main staircase. When I entered my room he was on my laptop on iTunes. He turned around a grinned.  

My brother turned twenty last month. He looks almost like me except he has black hair. Awesome guy bit of a douche sometimes, studying medicine. The perfect role model wasn't he?

"Hey, how's it going?" I said as I dumped my school bag on the floor and walked up to him.  

He stood up and gave me a quick hug. "Good, and how's school?"

I smiled and went into my walk-in closet to change into sweats. "Great. How's college going and how's Eliza?"  

When I walked out and he was sitting on the side of bed. "College was fine, I'm taking a little time off and Eliza is still in Florida but she's great." Eliza was his lovely girlfriend. He suddenly smirked at me. "How's Gabriel?"  

I smiled to myself. "He's fine. Why?"  

He shrugged. "Just wondering. Is he coming over tonight?"

I sat on the computer chair and swivelled around. "I'm not sure."  

"In other words yes." He mumbled.  

I rolled my eyes and watched him walk out with a grin. I grabbed my glasses and went onto Facebook and read everyone's status's about how school was crap or how much they missed their friends and how Mr. Williams, the Gym teacher, was even hotter this year.  

I'm so happy I don't have gym this year. I always hated gym. Gym was never my specialty.  

"I always thought your glasses were adorable."  

I jumped and spun round. "God! Gabriel, you scared me. I didn't even hear you walk in."  

He sighed with a shake of the head from his spot on my bed. "Listen more carefully next time."  

I smiled. "Shut up."  

I continued looking through the newsfeed but after a while I gave up and went onto iTunes to play some music. I pressed on Brothers On A Hotel Bed by Death Cab for Cutie and went to rest next to Gabriel.