Chapter 51

Zackery led Loganel towards the stairs on the far building. The two then marched up the stairs, and as he did so, Loganel was able to take in an aerial view of the neighborhood of Vampires. This neighborhood, protected and concealed by the buildings that surrounded it, seemed extremely normal. Even if a commoner were to see this, they would not believe the residents here are Vampires.

Loganel's attention was then caught by the numerous rooms that was accessible through closed doors. He wondered what they were so out of curiosity, he looked in the direction of a particular door where some Vampires were sitting outside of.

"What're these doors?" Loganel asked as he followed Zackery up the stairs.

"They're houses," Zackery responded. "Like individual areas for each family that lives here. Here we are," the Vampire boy then said as they stopped before a slightly larger and more elaborately decorated door. "This is my house. My father, the clan leader, will be inside."

So... his father is the leader of this Vampire committee, Loganel thought.

Zackery opened the door for Loganel, and from the doorway, he saw that the interior was a spacious living room area that was dark and dimly illuminated with lamps. However, all the necessary furniture required for comfortable living were all present. The styles of the furniture and furnishing though, made it seem quite eerie for human standards, but Loganel remained unfazed by it.

"Zackery!" a young boy whose appearance suggested that he was probably ten years old approached the young man before Loganel. However, now having knowledge on Vampires, Loganel concluded that this boy is probably way older than him.

"Hey Zaran," Zackery smiled and greeted the boy. He then placed a hand on the boy's shoulders and turned to face Loganel. "This is my younger brother, Zaran. Zaran, this is the future Demon King, Loganel Ainzloft."

"Him...?" Zaran appeared quite suspicious of Loganel, eyeing him with a doubtful look in his eyes.

"Don't be rude now," Zackery hushed the boy. "This is the person who'll be the Princess's husband."

"Even I'll make a better husband than him," the young boy commented.

"I'm so sorry," Zackery sighed and apologized.

"No need to be," Loganel laughed awkwardly. "He's probably right."

"Zackery?" A man's voice reached Loganel's ears and when he looked in the direction the voice came from, he discovered that the voice belonged to a Vampire that appeared to look thirty years of age.

He must be very old if he looks like he's thirty, Loganel thought.

"Yes Father," Zackery responded as the man emerged from what appeared to be his bedroom and into the living room. "I've brought him here."

"Thank you," the man said to his son. Then, he turned to Loganel and smiled. It was a smile that was filled with power and energy. However, within it also contained a heavily concealed sadness that seemed to be sealed away. "Let us speak while sitting."

The Vampire then gestured for Loganel to take a seat with him on the couch, which Loganel did. The two then sat down on the couch while Zackery ushered Zaran out of the house, leaving Loganel alone with Zackery's father.

"Now," the Vampire started speaking, "let me introduce myself. I am Alved Bloodcrest, the current holder of the title of Dracula."

"Nice to meet you," Loganel bowed his head. "I'm Loganel Ainzloft."

"No need to bow your head to me," Alved chuckled. "You'll be King one day."

"But I'm still just an ordinary boy at the moment," Loganel said.