26- Son of a Gun

"Hey, guys, I can't do anything about Loki if I don't know where he is... CLINT?!" Skyler yells frustrated in her earpiece. 

'Easy, Spooky. He's on one of those chariots. Come over to me, two pairs of eyes see more than one, and I want to see if you trained your archery.' Clint tells her, joking a little. Skyler sighs and shakes her head. She walks outside and teleports next to Clint.

"Happy now?" She says sarcastically. Clint smirks.

"Very. - Well, they can't bank worth a damn. Find a tight corner." He instructs Tony, who's taking a few Chitauri's on. Skyler decides that the best thing she can do right now, is shoot some of those bastards. She makes sure that none of the Chitauri are near them, so that Clint can do his job.

'Nice call, what else do you got?' She hears Tony say over the earpiece. Clint is watching the streets, whilst shooting a few chariots down. 

"Well, Thor's taking on a squadron down on 6th."  Skyler tells him, seeing that her father actually has a hard time.

'And he didn't invite me?' Tony jokes, sounding slightly offended. Skyler chuckles. 'These guys really are fun,' she thinks, shaking her head.

"Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison, they caught a lot of civilians there." Clint hints, shooting another chariot.

'I'm on it.' Steve answers. Skyler spots Natasha, chasing Loki, while driving one of the chariots.

"Nat... what are you doing?" She asks astonished.

'Uh... a little help?' Natasha replies. Skyler takes out an explosive arrow, knowing what Loki can do. Searching for her uncle, she aims her bow, the arrow on the bowstring.

"I've got him." She says, smiling. Skyler fires the arrow, straight at Loki's head. Just a few inches away from his head, Loki catches the arrow. His eyes lock with Skyler's. Loki grins at her, smugly and like she's dumb. Skyler grins back mischievously, wiggling her eyebrows. Loki frowns and then... the arrow explodes right in his face.

"Serves him right." Clint mumbles, causing Skyler to laugh. 

Loki lands at Stark Tower, immediately taken inside by the Hulk.

"I think I've gotta help Banner for a sec." Skyler pats Clint on the shoulder before teleporting back to Stark Tower again. 

"ENOUGH!" She hears Loki scream. 'Wow, the guys sounds pretty shaken...' She thinks.

"You are, all of you are, beneath me! I am a God, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by..." Loki yelps and is what Skyler decides to call: Hulk-smash'ed. The Hulk throws Loki back and forth into the floor, holding his ankles. The Hulk smashes him into the floor, leaving Loki whimpering.

"Puny god." The Hulk huffs.

Again, Loki whimpers in pain.

"Cass, I'm needing you up here." Skyler tells Cassidy over the earpiece.

'On my way.' Is the answer.

∞∞∞

'Guys, I can close it! Does anyone hear me? I can shut the portal down!' Skyler hears Natasha say over the earpiece.

'Do it!' Steve yells back.

'No! Wait!' Tony says, a slight trail of panic in his voice.

'Stark, these things are still coming!' Steve shouts confused.

 'I've got a nuke coming in. And I know exactly where to put it...' Tony tells the team. Skyler can almost imagine his sly smirk. 

'Stark you know that's a one way trip right?' Steve tells him softly. Skyler looks at Cassidy, whose eyes are shut, the tears streaming down her face as she realises what's about to happen. There's no answer at the other end of the line. The rest of the Avengers can only watch how Tony  flies up to the portal in his Iron Man suit, and then... disappears.

"Come on dad..." Skyler hears her friend beg softly.

'Close it.' Steve gives the sign. Natasha does what he says and closes the portal. And, unexpected... Tony Stark dives down from the sky.

"Son of a gun." Skyler curses, "I cannot slow him down!" That's when the Hulk jumps up, and catches Tony, bringing him safely to the ground. After some while, Skyler and Cassidy both hear Steve say:

'We won.'

________________

TAM TAM TAAAAM! Now, where did Skyler need Cassidy for? I like the mystery! See you guys soon, I'm in it! Damn! 

-x