Chapter 2: Needy

"Mr Sweeney is such a dick," I groaned, picking at the salad in front of me. 

"He's not that bad."

"Ned, he freaked out when I coughed, remember? He gave me a 2 minute lecture of how disrespectful it is to disrupt the class like that. Usually I would love Creative Writing class, but he ruins it."

"Speaking of Creative Writing, when can I read your journals?" Peter asked, turning his attention away from his food.

"No way. Never."

"Why not?" He whined.

"Because, they're private. And they're hidden in a place where you will never find them."

"I assure you, I will. But if I do, I won't read them if you don't want me to."

"Good."

"Michelle, how many books have you read?" I asked her, changing the subject.

"Not sure. At least one per week usually though."

"I'm not surprised. So, you guys go on any recruits in the summer?" Ned chuckled.

"Nope. Just usual robberies and stuff. But I feel like something interesting is coming. Something big."

To be honest, I felt it too. The last thing that happened was 2 years ago, with Liz's dad. 

Something's gotta happen soon, right?

 "Do you know what we're doing in Chemistry today?" I asked. Just like last year, the four of us were in the same Chemistry and PE class after lunch.

"Probably starting another project," Michelle responded. 

"Great."

~~~

"Y/N and Peter, can I talk to you after class please," Coach Bolton announced in front of the whole class.

I looked over to Peter, and he gave me a confused look. I just shrugged back at him. 

The bell rang, and students started to file out of the gym and into the locker rooms. 

"You wanted to see us?" Peter said, approaching Bolton.

"Yes. Ok, you two are probably some of my best athletes in the whole school, so I was wondering, why don't you guys do a few sports? You clearly have natural talent, and would be great assets to the team."

"Um, no thanks," I said, scratching my neck.

"Yeah, and I have the, uh, Stark internship."

"Well, what's your thing? Y/N, you like running?"

Peter laughed not so subtly, and looked down at his shoes.

"I mean, yeah, I'm pretty fast," I tried to hold in my laughter, whilst Peter was failing miserably. 

"Track, then? Maybe even football, I've seen you throw. You too, Peter. It would help the school out a lot."

"We'll consider it," I said, a small smile showing on my lips. "Right, Pete?"

"Uh, yeah, sure," He nodded, and crossed his arms.

"Great. Come to my office on Wednesday after school, alright?"

"Ok," I agreed.

Coach Bolton patted my shoulder, and then walked away. Weird. I thought his kind of thing was basketball.

"Are you actually thinking about joining a team? Y/N, how will we have time to do anything else?" Peter asked me as he wrapped his arm around me. We made our way over to the bleachers to grab our stuff, so we could go home.

"Well, it would be fun, but we won't be able to really do anything else."

"Yeah, yeah exactly. We wouldn't be able to go on dates or anything, or superhero business."

"Superhero business? Do you have anything better to call it?" 

"No, I don't."

"You sound like a little kid," I laughed, and looked up at his face.

"We're going back to The Avengers Facility, yeah? To study?"

"Yes. Unless you don't want to, we could go somewhere else."

"No,as long as I'm with you, I'm happy."

"You are so cheesy," I shook my head, punching his chest.

"Aye!" He exclaimed. "Watch it, Stark."

"Maybe."

~~~

"So to get (x) you multiple 3 by the (y) variable," Peter said, not looking away from the piece of paper in his hands.

"Peter, I know how that works."

"I know you do, it just helps to say it out loud."

"Well it's annoying," I smiled playfully, and gently slapped his face.

"You are so mean," He pouted, looking up into my face.

I tilted my head down, and made eye contact with him.

"I just want you to love me, please," He cried dramatically, grabbing my hand with his free one.

He put the papers that he was looking at on the floor, and moved his head on my legs a little bit so that he could see me better from his state.

"You're so needy. And clingy," I chuckled down at him, my eyes filled with a look of adoration.

"Yea, only because my girlfriend won't cuddle with me, and I'm bored. Can we just take a small break? We've been studying for hours."

"Fine," I sighed, dropping the papers that I was holding. 

I started playing with his hair, and he sighed, closing his eyes. 

"You should model for Covergirl or something, did I mention you have really nice hair?"

"A few times, and hell no, no way."

"Alright. Ok, off, my legs are numb."

He groaned in disagreement, but eventually moved. As soon as he did, he laid his head on my shoulder.

"Are you tired, Pete?"

"Mhm."

"Sleep over, then. It's already late."

"You guys are disgusting."

I snapped my head up, to see my dad smirking at us from the other side of the room.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm kidding, it's cute. Is he asleep?"

"I don't know. He was talking a minute ago," I looked down at my right shoulder, where Peter's head was. "Psst," I whispered near his ear.

"What?" He responded huskily, lifting his head.

"You did fall asleep?"

"Shit, yea I guess so. I'm going to bed, goodnight Y/N. I love you," He said as he kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, I love you too."

"Mr Stark," Peter said to my dad before going to his room.

"I'm going to bed too, dad. Love you."

"Night, kiddo."