Introductions

I walked out of the interview feeling like a complete failure.

This is the eighth job interview in a week, and once again, I did not get the job.

I turned the corner heading out the front doors and looking down, only to bump into a figure.

Looking up from my position on the ground, I found the figure, or the person rather, was tall and lean, with drawn on eyebrows, pale complexion, and dark long hair.

He looked familiar but I couldn't think of where we may have met before.

He was staring back at me with deep brown eyes that had a questioning look.

I began to stand as he stuck his hand out, but I ignored it. I didn't like for people to touch me. Not unless we're close to each other.

"I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention."

"I apologize I was looking down and walking." We both apologized at the same time causing a small chuckle out of him. I didn't see how it was funny but, okay.

"I'm Chris." he once again stuck his hand out.

"I'm Jennifer." I nodded politely at him. "I'd better go, I have another job interview and little time to make it there." Interview number nine, yippee me!

"Well, I've got a job you could do."

I didn't like the sound of that but of course me being as curious as I am, and maybe a little desperate for a job, I stayed to listen to what he had to say. "And what would that job be?"

"A merch Girl?"

"You're in a band?"

He slowly nodded.

"Okay... can I ask for a favor?"

"Sure."

"On tours can I bring a six year old boy with me?" He looked at me with that same questioning look he wore before. "He's my son, and I know my mom is not going to be willing to keep him whenever I join you and your band on tour. He can sleep in my bunk if it's an issue."

"No father?"

"I," I paused for a moment, thinking of how to word my relationship with the sperm donor,  "his dad and I don't talk."

"Well then, yeah, of course. Welcome to the team Jennifer."

"Wait, you're really giving me a job? No interview? Background checks? College or high school credits check?"

"Can you count money?"

"Well, yeah."

"Then there's no need for all of that. Well maybe except for one thing. You're legal right? As in age?"

"Yes sir, I'll be twenty-three in a few months."

"Well then, that's great." he began talking again as five guys walked up behind him. He turned around and smiled. "Hey guys, let me introduce you to our new merch girl. This is Jennifer."

One of the guys interrupted him with a question, "Jenniferrrrrr?" He dragged the 'R' out asking for my last name.

"Ruiz. I'm guessing you're all Chris' band mates?"

"Yeah, I'm Ricky. That's Ghost, Balz, Ryan and Vinny." He pointed them each out as they waved to me.

I nodded with a smile and gave a small wave to them all. "Well guys, I've gotta go." I turned and walked further away from the building and kept a normal pace until I heard rather loud and quick footsteps coming from behind me. I glanced back to see Chris jogging to catch up to me.

"Hey! Jenni, I need your number so I can give you the information about the job." I slowly raised an eyebrow at him.  "Or I could give you mines and you call me sometime tomorrow?" He had his phone in his hands so I pulled out my own and handed it to him while I took his.

When our phones were traded I looked down to see a text coming through from him.

Chris t^.^t ~ Hey You! Like my middle fingers?

I giggled at the text and the little emoticon he made by his name.

Jennster ~ Yeah, like how I put "Jennster"? lol. Nice to know we both had silly ideas.

Chris t^.^t ~ Yeah very nice.

I looked up to see him smiling down at me then burst into laughter. Here we are standing on the streets of LA facing each other and sending texts. Wow.

"I'll text you when I get home."

"Alright Jennster, I'll be waiting." he turned around with a smile and I kept walking in the direction of my mother's house.

Time to tell her I found a job. Unfortunately, I'm sure she won't like it.