7 ~ Taming Mr Oh-So Handsome Professor

Arnav remained silent over the drive to home and concentrated on the road frequently stealing glances of Aneri; knowing at this moment whatever he says will eventually backfire him and of course it's no use. While Aneri fumed and sat on passenger seat crossing her tiny arms over her chest. Her tiny buttoned nose flared and become red.

"Honeybunch, stop gritting your teeth. They're too fragile to endure Aneri's gussa(anger)".

"Teeth & gussa both are Aneri's and Aneri isn't fragile hmph! And don't try to butter me pops Aneri won't talk to you"

"Meri jaan..."

"No no no no... " Aneri covered her ear with her tiny hands and looked at other direction ignoring her papa.

Arnav gave in. Denying khushi on her face was easy for Arnav but pacifying his daughter and making her understand are another milestone for Arnav which he eventually failed.

Aneri is undoubtedly an adorable kid like every other child but what set her apart from other kids is her STUBBORNNESS (courtesy her mother). It's not that her father & her bua are responsible for forming that trait in Aneri. In fact her father has always taken extra care in her upbringing so that no one can point finger on her. But some things are beyond our control just like bad habits are more inheritable than good ones. And exactly that happened with Aneri. She has taken birth along with her mother's stubbornness.

That night Aneri slept in Anjali's room not wanting to talk to her papa after what he had done in the school. Anjali is patting her back to sleep at the same time lost in thoughts about the series of events that happened in last few days.

Life is truly ironical. There was a time when khushi was center of Chote's affection & love and now he doesn't even wish to let his daughter meet her. She still remembers when Arnav told her about khushi for the first time.

FLASHBACK

Di, She has became my life Within such short span of time. She is careless, stubborn, full of energy, vibrant at the same time sensitive which I'm lacking. She filled me and used to balance both of us. Though she had her shares of complications which was masked By her carelessness nature. I could see my youth in her. That's how I was in my teens. That pulled me more towards her. Di, she's in need of someone to hold her & pamper her endlessly. I could see my alter ego in her. I craved for those too. But alas I never got it until you got a hint of it. It may be because you too were a sufferer.

Di, we had no lackings in terms of fortune but it lacked love. Both our father and mother were behind monetary assets as a result both overlooked their own kids. Khushi is also a victim of it. The beauty of life was slipping away from her hand. She needed to be hold on Otherwise she will lose every sense of direction. Initially I sympathized her but it turned out more deep as time passed. Now, I want to shower every amount of love that she missed in her life.

FLASHBACK OVER

"Di...." Arnav called her as he entered Anjali's room to check on Aneri who's in deep slumber.

"How was she?"

"Angry as usual. Gave me a hard time"

Arnav went to Aneri's side and kissed her forehead affectionately. "You too get sleep, di. Good night".

He was about to leave Anjali's room when she stopped him.

"Chote, what have you thought?... aneri kafi naraz hai tumse".

Arnav sighed turning around. "Kya karu mai di. Even after knowing everything how can I let Aneri meet her. You've seen other day how she said on Aneri's face that she's not her mother".