|| Chapter 18 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

After having been reassured by Aaron the night before, you actually managed to get some sleep. Not too much, but certainly enough. You had woken up to the sound of someone knocking on your door. Even though it could have been anyone and you looked like a mess while still being in your night gown, you stood up and went to open to see who it was.

"Good morning, Y/N. Looking hot." It was Doni who seemed to be suppressing his laughter. You furrowed your brows at his obviously sarcastic statement and crossed your arms in front of your chest. He carried something in his arms that he soon gave you. "I came to bring you these. They're our knight attire."

You took the clothes from him and looked at them a little more closely. They appeared to be similar to the ones you normally wore, only that every part that was originally blue was now red. You gave the young man a curious glance as if to silently ask him why these and not the usual ones. Doni got as much, so he explained. "You see, every time we're on an official mission, we need to wear our red uniform. It's the color that represents Rota."

"Just like us, the other kingdoms have this obligation as well; Grona kingdom wears green, Kinola yellow and Puleuna blue." The blond added, using his index-, middle- and ring finger as if he was counting down the kingdoms with the help of them. You then nodded understandingly and were ready to go change. "I'm not trying to tell you to stress, but we're meeting in front of the main gates in ten minutes."

"Rouen and Kai will take care of the luggage while Aaron and I will go get the Mudsdale. I'm entrusting you with the task to make sure that the princess candidates and Myron get there in time." The blue eyed male said, smiling at you for a moment before he took off. Seeing Doni in his more serious work mode was a first, and even though it was quite out of character, it was also refreshing.

You quickly changed clothes and couldn't help but stare in the mirror at how the red color suited you just as well as the blue one. Once you had taken your Old ball as well, you headed out of the room in direction training grounds where you were going to pick up your Lucario. Fotula and Liliana seemed to be there as well, calling their Absol and Noivern inside the round objects. "Oh, good morning Y/N."

"Good morning, you two." You grinned at the two females who watched as your Pokémon made its way to you. You gave your Lucario a pat on the head before it disappeared inside the Old ball. The girls joined you on your way to the gates where thankfully Loraine, Camilla and Myron already stood, everyone pretty much ready.

Everyone exchanged greetings and the four other knights soon came with the equine creatures and the bags. "Alright everyone!~ As you already know, I am Doni, division one's captain." The blond exclaimed after stopping in his tracks with the others. You always thought Aaron was the first division's leader, given that he was considered the best knight in the kingdom, so it surprised you a bit when you turned out to be wrong. "All of us will need your cooperation on this mission since we are responsible in case something dangerous were to happen."

"You already know Aaron and Y/N. These two are Rouen and Kai. Approach any of us in case there's a problem." Doni added as he gestured to the dark skinned male and his partner. He cleared his throat before continuing. "There's ten of us and five Mudsdale, so each of you will be riding with one of us knights. We prepared the pairs and would appreciate if you wouldn't complain about them."

"Liliana will be going with Y/N, Fotula with Kai, Loraine with Rouen, Myron with Aaron and Camilla... well, with me." The blond spoke, trailing off a bit near the end. He looked to the side, bringing his hand up to his face in order to hide it. He instructed everyone to get on their Mudsdale and helped those who had troubles.