Welcome to action interviews!
We hope you enjoy getting to know these amazing action writers, do swing by their profiles and check out their action-packed stories!
This interview was done by EagleFromAL
So without further ado, we introduce to you cal1018
1. Congratulations on winning this contest! How do you feel about this?
I haven't been on Wattpad long so this is the first contest I've won! You can imagine how excited I am about it!
2. Where were you when you heard that you won?
I had some downtime for a while on the day the winners were going to be announced so I was hiding in my room, reloading the page over and over again. When I saw that I had won something, I hope I didn't cheer too loudly...
3. What does it mean to you to win?
Again, it's my first time winning a contest on Wattpad so this will always be a special contest for me. I've entered a couple contests without ever coming close to winning so to see that I won a piece of this one gives me a little bit more confidence to keep writing.
4. How long did it take you to write and Did you find the contest interesting?
When I have an idea I can get a story out fairly fast. It also helps that I won the shortest one possible! I loved this contest because you could interact with all of the other people! I met so many awesome writers! Other contests it seems like you just submit your entry and go on with your life but how this contest worked out, you got to meet everyone else and talk with them.
5. How were you feeling when you entered the contest? Like we're you feeling confident? Or were you just trying your luck?
I was definitely just trying my luck! Especially after reading everyone else's amazing entries. I never thought I could win anything going up against these fantastic writers.
6. How would you describe yourself to other writers?
I don't know! I guess just someone trying to find their place in the writing world.
7. What is your favorite genre?
I love dystopian sci-fi and historical fiction. The two opposite sides of the spectrum!
8. Who or what inspires your writing?
I first started writing because I was in awe of some of my favorite authors because they could create a world and characters that made me want to jump into the book.
9. How long have you been writing? Like, did you start after joining Wattpad or you used to write before?
The first "real" story I remember writing was in 3rd grade. That's really when I discovered I loved writing. For a while, I kept my stories to myself but then I wanted to share them. A friend of mine recommended Wattpad and here I am!
10. If you could pass on a single piece of advice to anyone who just started writing, what would it be?
If you love writing, don't stop writing! Anytime you have to start over, just think of it as practice so you can perfect your end result. Don't get discouraged!
Thanks for checking in, until next time!