Welcome to action interviews!
We hope you enjoy getting to know these amazing action writers, do swing by their profiles and check out their action-packed stories!
This interview was done by EagleFromAL
So without further ado, we introduce to you yemihikari
1. Congratulations on winning this contest! How do you feel about this?
Answer: Numb, but excited for the others who won as well. :)
2. Where were you when you heard that you won?
Answer: On my computer winning.
3. What does it mean to you to win?
Answer: Winning isn't as important to me as the journey and the fun I had competing and writing with everyone else.
4. How long did it take you to write and Did you find the contest interesting?
Answer: As the contest progressed, I went through more and more drafts. As for how long it took me, I just know the time increased with each round. Writing for the contest was fun, but I hope that there are more of these on the other profiles. Write to Rank was a lot of fun.
5. How were you feeling when you entered the contest? Like we're you feeling confident? Or were you just trying your luck?
Answer: I was wanting the challenge more than anything. Winning isn't that big of a deal. However, I actually felt a major revitalization in my writing after the effect because I participated that is apparently coming across in my writing according to one of my readers. For me, interacting with others is a key motivator to write, and I did this a lot during Write to Rank.
6. How would you describe yourself to other writers?
Answer: I'm all over the place in so many different ways.
7. What is your favorite genre?
Answer: I don't have a favorite genre. I think having a favorite holds people back, because they try to put genre into these boxes, and yet most great works involve not just one, but multiple genres. They're simply categories to help readers discover the stories they currently want to read, not writers when they write - unless they're aiming at a specific target audience. As for the genre I like reading at any given time, it always depends on the mood.
8. Who or what inspires your writing?
Answer: In all honesty, everybody and anything.
9. How long have you been writing? Like, did you start after joining Wattpad or you used to write before?
Answer: I started writing before I joined Wattpad. I've been publishing fanfic since 2006.
10. If you could pass on a single piece of advice to anyone who just started writing, what would it be?
Answer: Tell yourself I can. Don't let things such as learning disability or ESL issues hold you back from writing, but don't tell yourself you're a bad writer as that's just self-defeating. Mind you, don't let your writing ability go to your head either. Making mistakes is part of growing as a writer, but all of us are at different stages.
Thanks for checking in, until next time!