♡ 25 - :) ♡

(a/n: this book is ending like nOW omg?????? there's going to be an epilogue so don't delete this from your library just yEt. also i wrote this chapter when it was still june ok)

Logan pulled into the parking lot of the apartment building where everyone else was. Him and Patton left and made their way inside, Logan with his apartment key in hand.

"One second, Patton," he said. "I have to text Virgil."

"You can talk to him when we get inside, can't you?" Patton asked, then started screaming with excitement.

"Well yes, but I need him to send me the location of Roman's birthday party next week," he lied.

"Oh, okay!"

He pulled out his phone.

Logan: I am outside the apartment building and about to enter with Patton. Are you ready now?

Virge: good. we're ready, just rush into the apartment and i'll keep patt behind

Logan: Okay.

"Virgil!" Patton squealed as he hugged the emo standing outside his apartment. "I missed you so much!"

"Hey, Patton!" Virgil hugged him back. He had a gay pride flag painted on his cheek.

Logan quickly went into the apartment where everybody else was while Virgil distracted Patton.

"Oh good, you're already dressed formally like the nerd you are," Roman chuckled. Like Virgil, he had a gay pride flag painted on his cheek.

"I'm happy to see you too," Logan said. "So what do I do again?"

"Just take this," Hellen said and put a box into his hand. She had a lesbian and demisexual flags painted on both cheeks. "Go into the next room while we fix the lighting!"

Calypso, with the pansexual flag on her cheek, stood next to the open door of the room Logan was meant to go into. When Logan entered the room, she closed the door and switched the color of the lightbulbs to a soft pink.

Jade, who didn't have a flag on her cheek since she was straight but instead painted on a cute pink heart, didn't know how to contribute, so she stood at Hellen's side.

Hellen aimlessly threw glitter everywhere because she had nothing else to do.

Valerie, with bisexual flags on both cheeks, got behind her confetti canons that she already tested to work. Roman got behind his.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Valerie gasped. She pulled out her camera and gave it to Jade. "Hit record when Virgil and Patton come in! This is so going on our YouTube channel like the video where Roman proposed to Virgil!"

"Wait! You posted that? Virgil's definitely going to kill you," Roman laughed.

Valerie shrugged, then asked, "Where's Virgil's guitar?"

"I have it!" Calypso said. "I'll give it to him when he walks in."

The door opened, signalling the others to shut up. Calypso opened the door to the next room and Logan came out, two newly painted gay flags on his face, and immediately made eye contact with Patton, who was very confused.

Virgil rushed to Calypso's side to get his guitar. He started singing and playing Only Us, Patton's favorite song.

Patton's eyes lit up at the pink lighting and glitter and music and his boyfriend biting his lip with his hands in his pockets.

"What's all this?" Patton asked with a huge grin. He turned and saw Jade recording them and it took him a second, but he realized. He gasped and put his hands over his mouth as Logan got down on one knee.

"I don't think you know just how deeply I care for you," Logan said nervously. "I have already made a cheesy speech about my appreciation for you during our high school graduation so I won't repeat everything now... and I want to 'cut to the chase.' Patton, you might not always think so, but you make me feel like the happiest man on Earth. That is very impressive because there are over 3,800,000,000 men in the world currently- I'm rambling. I apologize. So, uh... will you marry me?"

Patton squealed and jumped around excitedly and gave Logan a suffocatingly tight hug. "DUH!"

Logan placed the ring on his now fiance's finger.

When they kissed, Roman and Valerie pressed the button on their confetti canons and rainbow confetti (that could be gayer) erupted from them, getting mostly on the engaged couple and all over the floor.

Roman and Virgil cheered loudly, just like they did when they caught Patton and Logan making out in high school.

"Thank you," Logan whispered into Patton's ear, "so much. Thank you for making me feel emotions... Whether I wanted to or not."

Patton giggled. "You're welcome."

Everybody huddled in for a group hug.

"We're totally putting up that video on YouTube, right?" Virgil asked.

"Totally," Patton replied.

"Patton," Logan said. Patton turned his head.

"Yeah?"

"You're missing something."

"What? What am I missing?"

Jade was still filming.

Logan pulled out a little paintbrush and began to paint a gay flag on one side of Patton's face so that he fit in with the theme. It was pride month, after all.

"This is the gayest shit I've ever seen," Virgil whispered to Roman in complete awe, "and I've looked in a mirror."

Roman laughed and messed up Virgil's hair.

Jade stopped recording and put the camera on a tall tripod. She set the timer to 15 seconds.

When Logan was done painting Patton's face, Virgil called everyone to line up side by side.

"Pose for the thumbnail!"

fin