Chapter Thirteen

Hello again guys!

So here's the Tuesday chapter I promised... I'm posting it early so I have time to pack ^^' Unfortunately, I didn't manage to finish an extra chapter, so this is the last chapter until I return (the 27th). Sorry! I'll try to get one written now so that I can post it the minute I get a chance when I get home.

Remember to follow @code_cherry on Twitter and Instagram, and to vote and comment for more. I'll still be replying to comments during my vacation! That I can do ;) Enjoy!

***LANGUAGE WARNING. THERE IS A BIT OF FOUL LANGUAGE IN THIS CHAPTER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***

ELISE’S POV

The days that followed were some of the worst days I’d ever had.

The only people to talked to me at all were Maddie and Liam; even Sean couldn’t so much as look at me. The two of them tried to convince the others that I was innocent, but they still didn’t believe me. At one point I got so frustrated that I was tempted to punch one of them in the face, but thankfully I managed to control myself before I really did become the guilty one.

It continued into the following week. Fans didn’t pester the gang as often as they did initially, but there were still a few stragglers. I watched them wistfully from my lunch table, where I now sat completely alone. Maddie and Liam had offered to sit with me, but I didn’t want them to lose their friendships with the others over me, so I shooed them away. I half regretted it as I stared at them, halfheartedly munching my sandwich. I wasn’t even hungry.

“Enjoying yourself?” A drawling voice sounded above me, and I looked up to see none other than Veronica Sanders. She could basically be named the most popular girl in school without anyone else even putting up a fight; she stood five foot seven in her high heels, and her obviously dyed blonde hair cascaded down her back, reaching the edge of her barely-dress-code shorts. She smirked as she towered over me.

I glared at her, in no mood for her ‘I’m better than you’ attitude. “What do you want, Veronica?”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she said in a sickeningly sweet tone. “I didn’t realize I was interrupting your oh-so-exciting lunch. I guess being alone sure beats having your friends around, right?” She gave me an evil look, and something clicked in my brain.

“What do you know about this?” I hissed, looking her straight in the eye.

“Me?” she questioned in a fake innocent voice. “I did nothing, cupcake. Might’ve let slip their status, but--” She admired her nails stereotypically. “—that’s not important, right?”

I slammed my palms on the table and stood, drawing the attention of the groups around us. “You did this?”

She appeared rather proud of herself. “Of course, sweetheart. Who else would it have been? It certainly wouldn’t have been you; but it sure is convienient that it turned out this way. Now I’ll have Jordan all to myself, because he wants nothing to do with you!” She grinned smugly.

Disbelief and annoyance battled in my head. “Are you serious? You practically destroyed my social life so you could vainly attempt to seduce Jordan?” I gave her the most exasperated expression I could. “You are insane. News flash, my boyfriend is—was—Sean! And also, Jordan has exactly zero interest in girls like you. I think he’d be more interested in someone with a soul.” I turned away, shaking my head in disgust. “You make me sick.”

She growled behind me. “You just wait, you little bitch. I’ll get what I want eventually. And even if you try to tattle to your so-called ‘friends’ about me, they won’t believe a word of it. So don’t bother.” With that, I heard the click of her high heels on the floor as she strutted away dramatically. I rolled my eyes, still furious.

However mad I was at Veronica, there was still one unanswered question.

How did she find out who they were in the first place?

You have no idea how terrible I feel for leaving you guys with this for 11 days xD Sorry! Sorry!

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

How many of you guys play Minecraft, and if you do, what's your IGN? Mine's CodeCherry c:

Anyways, I'll see you guys after vacation! I'll still be replying to comments, so make sure to leave plenty ;D

Vote and comment for more! Until I return! :)

~Cherry