08 | S E E K I N G

when it all comes down
can you say you never gave up?

   "PERFECT!", HEIDI MACAVOY yelled when Ember landed on the field, the snitch in her fist for the fourth time in a row

   "PERFECT!", HEIDI MACAVOY yelled when Ember landed on the field, the snitch in her fist for the fourth time in a row. "That was just incredible! Tony, tell Summerby to go home, we have our Seeker!"

   On Tony Cadwaller's face appeared a satisfied grin when he walked over to the only other one who came to the Seeker's tryout. But Ember didn't grin.

   "No, wait", she said in a sharp voice, and the team threw her questioning looks. "See, Heidi, that was all nice and fun, but I think I can't do this."

   "Oh, I pretty much think you can do this", Heidi scoffed, "as you caught the snitch four times in a row, and three out of them under 5 minutes."

   "It's a difference to do that here in front of seven people, than to do it in front of the whole school. I don't want to disappoint you -"

   "Then join this team!"

   "I can't, I -"

   "Don't know why you discuss this with her, Heidi", a grumpy blonde boy to Heidi's left snapped. "Let her go. If she's scared, we don't need her."

   "You can't even imagine how much you need her, Smith."

   "Or didn't we watch the same girl fly?"

   Ember's cheeks grew hot, as she felt to persons appear to both of her sides, and she didn't need to turn her head to know that she would find ginger hair, freckles and grins drunken with mischief.

   "Oh Merlin, don't tell me you watched this?", Ember groaned, her shoulders sacking down.

   "Oh Merlin, we did!", they cheered unison.

   "And to be honest we're slightly pissed that you always refused to join our matches at the Burrow", said George.

   "Whatever", Fred added, "you will join this team. I mean, you could let Summerby play, but then Gryffindor will just overrun you guys within two minutes."

   "Our team is more than capable to stomp you into the ground!", Zacharias Smith hissed through gritted teeth. "We don't need a whiny little girl just because our captain pities her."

   The grins dropped from the twins' faces and their chocolate brown eyes dangerously glimmed. George's hand shot inside his robe, but Ember grabbed his wrist and pulled it back. Not that she feared he would hex Smith. It was more the fear of one of those untested Weasley's Wizard Wheezes products that could probably kill them all she was worrying about.

   "Nobody is pitying anyone", Heidi said in a sharp tone. "Cedric thought she was perfect for this position. We all saw that she's more than perfect for this position. I won't accept a no, Potter", she then told Ember, eyes enlighted with the same fierce determination she knew all too well from marble grey eyes that would never show this expression ever again.