"That Ain't Couture."

Ava was left momentarily stunned, staring at the inside of that storage room door.

Momentarily, because once the shock was over, she reached out to try the door knob and verified that it was locked.

Then Ava let out a high-pitched, vicious, rage-filled shriek that sounded like all seven levels of hell rising up to swallow the world.

Once she was done screaming through her rage, she turned around to get a good look at the room.

And there sat Jin on a rickety wooden chair, his eyes bugging out of his head and plump lips hanging slightly open. A snack puff of some kind plopped from his half-open lips and into his lap, but he didn't notice.

Jin and Ava gaped at each other.

"Well this is helluh awkward," Jin said.

Ava smacked her head with her palm and rolled her eyes. "Let me guess. Lilith seduced you into this room didn't she?"

Embarrassment fell across Jin's face. "Yeah. Something like that. But I gotta hand it to her." Jin smirked childishly to himself. "She knows what I like."

"Please don't elaborate, or so help me...."

Ava turned around and motioned as if to kick the door, but then remembered her lack of shoes and thought better of it.

Jin said in a slightly shocked voice, "Wait. Did you just make out with Suga?"

Ava turned around and bore dagger eyes in Jin's direction. "Let's not exaggerate here. It was one little snack, not a whole meal."

The sound of puffs crunching in Jin's mouth ceased for a moment as he registered what she'd just said. Then he went on, "Hey, this is a no judgement zone. Except I am going to judge you just a little bit because, girl, you don't know where that's been." Jin shook his head. "No no. But instead of raging like a tidal wave, come take a seat."

"Why the hell would I just sit down and bear this?"

Jin shook a bowl of something that smelled salty. Ava noticed a case of bottles with lightly pink liquid therein and that a small glass screen had been propped up on a stand on a short table in front of Jin.

"They locked us in here, but at least they did it in style. This device lets me pan to any cameras in the stadium I want to, to watch the games," Jin said brightly.

"I'm glad prison suits someone," Ava grumbled, falling into the second rickety wooden chair in the room. "Are those alcoholic?"

"Oh yes." Jin nodded.

"Bless." Ava ripped one out of the package and tore open the cap. Then she chugged half of the bottle in one, long swoop. When she let the drink fall back down with a satisfied sigh, she noticed Jin's embarrassed eyes staring at her again. "What?"

"Before you get too melodramatic at our plight, I think you'll want to see what's been going on with camera 4."

Jin made a few taps on the little screen, then adjusted the angle so that Ava could see it clearly.

"Is that...?"

"Yep."

"That bitch."

"Yeeeep."

They were seeing a slightly hazy vision of one of the box suits. Ava recognized the loathsome Petra immediately. Dang, her dress is flawless.

Jin proceeded to explain all of the important people who were standing around in that box suit to Ava, and the more Jin spoke, the more Ava wanted to keep drinking her pink drink.

An hour or so passed of not much to see aside from gruesome battles to the death, but Ava had Jin pan to faces in the crowd at random instead. Far more entertaining. Every now and then they'd pan back to Petra's suite. Eventually, when they did so, Kim Namjoon had entered the scene.

"Um excuse me, but where is Shae?" Ava was leaning into the screen.

"Not with Joon, apparently."

"Ugh. Dammit. Lilith said she was gonna bust us outta this joint. But if she's working with the chaos twins, then that means...."

"Hey, as crazy as this may sound, coming from a guy who got locked inside a storage room by her... I trust Lilith. I know her too well not to. Let's just wait and see how this unfolds, alright?"

"Hmph."

Ava turned grumpily back to the screen and quickly noticed that Petra was in fact now sitting on Kim Namjoon's lap and trailing her hands through the back of his hair, while he sat idly by and did nothing to stop her.

"Whatareyahdoin Joon?" Ava wondered out loud, more than a little bit annoyed. "Just say no. She's like a drug, but not the fun kind. Just say noooo."

Jin let out an exasperated sigh. "Oh my gosh, but really though. He needs to drop her like the last season handbag that she is. That ain't couture."

"Amen and amen."

Jin and Ava were now both plucking up the salty snacks from the bowl between them.

"Look at him, her escort dude is so small, he's like a little bean," Ava said with a cackle.

"A bald, shiny bean," Jin agreed, giggling. "I wonder if you rubbed his head and made a wish, if it would come true?"

Ava snorted out her laugh. Then her eyes grew wide and she shifted quickly in her seat towards Jin, "You know what I just realized?"

"What?" Jin shoved a fresh handful of treats into his cheeks with one hand, and plucked up his pink drink with the other.

"If we weren't, you know, suddenly prisoners of some enemy forces or whatever, nothing would have been more entertaining for the masses than the gift of us as commentators for these stupid games."

"You speak truth. You really do."

"Don't I know it. But we'd be the fun kind of commentators. The kind who have no idea what's actually going on in the games."

"Tragic but true."

Ava sighed: "That would make a great title of the autobiography of my dating life."

"No, I think it's the autobiography of this poor man's awful feathered hat." Jin was now taking full advantage of the zoom feature on the small screen. "Look at it! It's hideous!"

Ava snorted, some of her drink threatening to shoot up her nose. Once she caught her breath, she replied, "Not everyone can be as competent of human beings as we are, Jin."

"Don't I know it."

Jin and Ava clinked their drinks lazily together, each gave the pink liquid a swig, and then turned back to the screens to watch the Ganche Games continue to unfold.