Chapter 64

Yoongi sat outside Joon’s room. His heart on a race with itself.

Feeling nervous, he stood up and walked for a while. Then he sat down again. When he heard the sound of an opening door, he snapped his head.

He sprinted towards the one who walked out of the room in reflex, but immediately stopped at his tracks to avoid impact.

This was the first time that he had seen her in the past three years.

Staring into her eyes for a second, he instantly looked away and cleared his throat.

“Ahem…maybe I should talk to him first.”

Soran just nodded as she moved aside and made way for him.

When Yoongi walked in, Joon sat up straight.
“Feeling better?” Yoongi asked.

“I’m getting discharged today,” he answered with a smile,

”Jin hyung?”
Yoongi shook his head, his lips in an upside down frown.

“It has been two days…” Joon mumbled under his breath.

“There is something else we need to talk about,”
Yoongi said suddenly as he sat on a chair by the hospital bed. When Joon looked at him confused, Yoongi eyed the door.

Joon followed his gaze and sighed as he caught up with the topic.

“I’m not mad.”

Yoongi looked at Joon in surprise when the latter continued.

“Do I wish either of you had told me? Yes, I do. And I expected it more from you.”

Feeling disappointed, Yoongi hung his head. His heart felt heavy in his chest.

“But I’m glad it’s you rather than anyone else.”

This sounded like church bells to him as he looked up. He saw Joon smiling at him and the contagious gesture spread onto his own lips.

Yoongi stood up and hugged his friend.

“You have your flaws, we all do. But you know how to take care of yourself. So I’m sure you’ll take care of her too.

Besides, if she wants, she can kick your ass any day.”

Yoongi chuckled at this and Joon patted his back. Upon seeing a movement in the corner of his eyes, Yoongi broke the hug and looked at the movement. He saw Soran leaning against the door, smiling at them.

-------

As they walked in, the smell of strong medicine tickled their noses. Under the off white sheet, wearing the hospital’s pale blue gown, they saw him.

The once pale, almost dead boy lay on the bed, his head turned towards them. A faint smile on his extremely tired face.

Once again, tears filled Joon’s eyes, blurring his vision. As soon as the doctor told him that Jin had woken up, he had made sure to call everyone.

He felt he didn’t have the courage to face his hyung alone. He felt weak. And now, when he saw Jin, he felt silly for thinking so.

The boys surrounded Jin’s bed from Kookie on one side to Yoongi on the other. Jin raised his hand slowly gathering all his strength.

Carefully but immediately, Joon took hold of it. His tears fell drop by drop onto the elder’s skin.

“I’m sorry Joonah…” he said, barely a whisper. Joon just shook his head as he sat on the nearby chair. He rested his head on Jin’s arm as he cried quietly.

“Hyung? How do you feel now?” Hoseok asked him.

“A little weak, but I’m fine,” Jin replied trying to sit up.

Unsure whether or not he should, Kookie asked anyway,
“Um…what is the last thing that you remember?”

Jin thought for a while and answered as he nodded,
“Just darkness. And I remember the suffocation. But before that all I remember is the night we dug up the trunk.”

This was not a surprise to them. They had connected the dots by now. But Jin’s face that was scrunched up in confusion, soon gave way to shock.

He looked up and asked,
“I assume you have met…” he paused hoping he was wrong.

“…Taemin?” Tae completed his question.

“Oh my god!” he said frantically trying to sit up, panic evident in his voice and on his face.

“Hyung its fine. It’s okay,” Hoseok took Jin’s hand in his own as he comforted him.

“But you dont know him. He...I...”
Hoseok smiled sweetly at the panicked face. Looking around Jin saw all the boys eye him calmly.

“We know hyung. We know everything. And its all going to be okay. We are here for you,” Hoseok said as he helped Jin lie back down.

A few minutes later, he looked better. Though still in bed, colour had started returning to his cheeks.

As the boys indulged in casual conversation with him, keeping his mind occupied with happy thoughts, outside his room, Joon, Jimin and Yoongi spoke to the doctor.

“We have to keep him under observation for a few hours. He seems fine now. But if what you told me is the truth, I highly advise you to take him to a good psychiatrist as soon as possible.”
Joon and Yoongi nodded.

“I would treat him myself, but you wouldn’t let me,” the doctor laughed it off while the boys eyed each other nervously.

Jimin immediately gave an explanation,
“I know a good psychiatrist facility overseas. I work in the same state. I wanted to take him there as soon as you discharge him.”

“As you wish.”

The boys watched as the doctor walked away. Exchanging glances, they gathered courage and walked into Jin’s hospital room.