Epilogue

I imagined my wedding night much differently than what actually happened, especially since I was marring a super soldier. Packing up to make a run for it wasn't exactly a romantic night. It wasn't even that the world was facing some dramatic apocalyptic ending, they were just after me. Both of us never expected the answer we received that night. We didn't expect the news we got at all. I did not imagine Steve throwing our guests out early, as I got changed. I didn't imagine the building going on lockdown. I didn't imagine Steve huffing, and pacing around in his wrinkled tux that night barking orders. But you know, before the life threatening news, everything went off without a glitch.

Let me start out by saying I wasn't nervous. I wasn't anxious. I was excited, so much that my body started to overreact. I started to feel the butterflies in my stomach, and I couldn't catch a breath. I was just so hyped up on adrenaline my body didn't know what to do.

Months and months (I'd like to think maybe even years) had led to this day. I was getting married. And best of all, I was getting married to my best friend, my other half. I was getting married to Steve Rogers, that tiny little jerk from Brooklyn that I loved more than anything in this universe.

I fixed the skirt on my dress for the thousandth time. Nothing was wrong, I just needed something to do. My dress was simple, it was the fourth I tried on. The dress was a sheath cut, it was tighter at the top and loosen around my waist. It had thin straps and a somewhat open back. The dress had an shear lace layer over the heavier white material. I loved its simplicity and elegance. My hair was done in some kind of up-do with a clip for the vail. My make up was done just how I liked it. It was nothing bold, but you knew it was there. If I had to say, I looked damn good.

"Are we ready?" I asked to Pepper who came into the room I was in. Natasha was keeping me company in the room I had gotten ready in.

"Yeah, we're ready."

"Finally. Let's do this." I sighed in relief. I picked up the end of the dress to make sure I didn't trip.

"Woah! Watch the trail!" Natasha yelled bending over to untangle the end of the dress. I turned and apologized for my jerky movements. "You are the most eager bride I've ever met." She huffed with a smile.

"You've meet a lot of brides who waited 80 years for this?"

She laughed lightly and shook her head before she answered, "You're certainly an original."

"I try." I touched Natasha's shoulder as she got in front of me. She turned to me and smiled.

"Thanks for being here," I said probably more emotional than I should have been.

"I wouldn't have missed it." She replied confidently with her usual smirk.

"Come on, let's get you married." Pepper whispered before she and Natasha snuck inside to take their seats. The doors finally opened and the music started.

80 years ago I could have only dreamed of seeing him at the end of the isle, but there he was. He looked extremely handsome, in his black tux. He had a huge smile on his face as he saw me. I undoubtedly was grinning as I walked towards him.

As I made my way towards Steve, I decided that Steve wearing a tuxedo should be outlawed. He looked too handsome for his own good. We both gave each other the I-Can't-Believe-This-Is-Happening look. I placed my hands in his opened ones and meet his gaze.

I wanted this moment to last. The exact moment when my hands met his, and the sun light streamed through the stain glass windows of the church, and when he looked down at me with more love than I could have fathomed. That moment in time, that small minute, meant so much more than I can ever explain.