Chapter 17: The Blood Ball

☾┋ 𝔞𝔲! 𝔳𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔯𝔢 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗

➳ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 17

note: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟.

A year later.

The Death's Covet annual blood ball was commenced. Junho, now one of the leaders of the elite vampire organization, was eagerly greeting everyone, entering the massive hall that was draped in beguiling red lights. The room was filled with people who were flamboyantly dressed with clothes embroidered with the best types of fabric. The vampires have really prepared for this big celebration.

Junho passed by Seojun who gave him a half smile, opting him to initiate a conversation with him.  Being a gregarious person, he greeted Seojun by patting his left shoulder with a rough hit caused the impact of his hands.

"Geez bro. Why would you have to greet me that way?"

"Well, isn't it the best way to greet my ex competitor?" Junho cleared his throat.

"Competitor in what?" Seojun's eyes turned to the male who was taller than him and bigger in build.

"Stupid. Ah I thought you were better than this!" Trying to hint on Aera, Junho gave a playful smirk, communicating through his body language.

"Hmm... It's not like any of us stand a chance!" Laughter stirred up as Seojun spoke.

The two continued catching up with their endless frisky banters until a speaker came on stage, the president of Death's Covet.

"Today we have reached another year. The previous year had a lot of turmoil and challenges however we have surpassed it. Our generation has been saved." President Seo Daehyun shared his speech to the public, standing near the cocoa-colored podium, adjusting the microphone to his level.

"These would have not been possible without the help of Dr. Kim Junho and the Jung family for fighting for our sovereignty and for putting an end to Hellsing's turpitude. Let's call them up on stage."

Women couldn't help but appreciate how striking Junho looked in his navy blue suit embracing his broad shoulders and muscular frame as he walked to the stage. His gaze made women go weak in their knees as they gaze upon his slightly tanned skin and adonis-looking eyes, clapping their hands incessantly for him.

Jung Areum who wore a sleek violet dress was accompanied by her dad, Jung Taemin. When they finally stood up on the stage, the Jung family gave Junho a warm greeting, shaking his hand with biggest smiles.

"I failed to mention that we have more reasons to celebrate! The production of the vaccine against the Aspivarix drug's effects is currently on the making! Let's give a round of applause once again for DC's heroes and Dr. Jung Aera!"

"Huh? Dr. Jung Aera...? She's alive?" Shock were tainted in everyone's faces. Bickers surrounded the whole room, eyes lurking everywhere in quest for the lady.

Junho looked around the enormous ballroom, his eyes searching for the love of his life.

There was a sudden change in the atmosphere as "All I Ask" by Phantom of the Opera started playing, making everyone wonder, bobbing their heads side to side.

"It's free dance time! Enjoy!" Seo Daehyun left everyone a speck of curiosity because he mentioned the late Aera's name, slowly bringing their hopes down once again as he laughed things off while going down the stage. The Jung family and Junho followed, brisk walking to their respective tables.

"Do you think Aera is here?" Seojun hurriedly ran to Junho who was busy chugging shots of slushy margarita.

Feeling uneasy, Junho replied as he heaved a dragging sigh. "I don't know, man." The negativity settled in, both of them felt bad.

However, at that moment, the whole world halted.

All eyes were set on the alluring lady who entered the doubled-door ballroom, her white bustier dress billowed out around her, giving off a Cinderella-like entrance. Most paid attention to how the dress embraced her body and how her ivory skin and collarbones shimmered however Junho stared at her eyes- those chocolate brown eyes. As he looked into her endless of ocean of hope, he knew that the universe could not even stand a chance to compete with the beauty she possessed.

Seojun gave Junho a nudge, hinting he should go to her.

"A...Aera!" Ignoring the fact that he would make a scene, he swiftly rushed to accompany her, standing in the middle of the room.

Everyone started clapping their hands at the scene. It was so heartwarming for them since they knew Aera and Junho's story.

"I'm shy... Junho!" She exclaimed with a smile so genuinely sweet that unexpectedly warmed Junho's heart. She tried covering her face a bit as the crowd became noisy.

"Ah, ignore them. Aera, you're here..." Face to face, he took both her hands, looking directly into her eyes.

"I'm here." She held both his hands tighter before letting go of her right hand to cup one of his cheeks.

He smiled like bright stars were surrounding him, giving him a gushy feeling inside which was very unmanly of him.

"Can I have this dance?" He asked as Henry's "It's You" played.

"Sure!" She accepted his offer.

He took her by the hand leading her to the dancefloor.

Aera wrapped her arms around Junho's neck as he encircled her waist by his muscular arms with a firm and strong grip. The music spun around them as the lights were twinkling with every steady step they made.  As the song progressed to the chorus, Junho took the lead by lifting her hand in the air, gently twirling her around the dancefloor. She was indeed cinderella and he was her prince charming.

Breaking off the serious atmosphere, Aera uttered. "You're purposefully doing that to make me feel dizzy."

"I can't believe I get to deal with your negativity again. Can't you just appreciate my dancing skills?" In a closed position, he held her tight on her waist, steadily following the beat.

"Hmm... okay!" She pretended to agree, dealing with Junho's bluff.

Once again, he cannot resist piercing into her eyes as they were in such a position. His eyes were drawn to hers as it was slowly lured by her scarlet painted lips. His lips found its way to where it belongs- to hers.

Junho's fingers held her chin as he immediately plunged his lips into hers, initiating a passionate yet forceful kiss. He bit her lip and slipped his tongue in between her lips without a warning. Being flustered in the middle of the ballroom, Aera's cheeks heated up as she broke off from the kiss.

"Aera, this time I'm not letting you go." He wrapped his big, strong arms wrapped around her frail body.

In that embrace she felt a deep connection.

In his arms, she felt home.