That lump formed in my throat. I can't believe this. "Too late? You can't get it removed or anything? I know it's something that they can do."

"It's stage 4. It's my fault though, not keeping up with my health. Not going to my doctors appointments. I should've been more aware."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"When my time comes, be there for my daughter. Please."

"Dad you're going to be okay, I know you will." My eyes began to burn. Carlee is going to lose her mind man.

"Not this time son." He got up. "I've accepted what's to come. I've lived an amazing life, no complaints no regrets. Another thing, don't tell her."

"She needs to know. She's going to hate me even more if she finds out that I knew and didn't say anything."

"Just tell her that this is what I wanted."

I sighed. "Okay."

He patted my shoulder then headed inside. I was stuck in my seat, my mind was all over this place. Curtis is an amazing person and to know that our time with him is limited is killing me. And the fact that he wants me to keep this from Carlee is killing me even more.

"Chris, it's time to go." Carlee yelled.

I exhaled then got up and headed inside.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. Let's go."

After The Graduation

We all stood outside of the football field waiting for Carter to walk out. Everybody mingled while I just stayed back. I wasn't in the mood to socialize. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely happy for my son but I just keep thinking about Curtis.

"There He is!" Kylee yelled, pointing in front of her. We all turned to face Carter.

"Ya boy is finally finished!" He yelled.

"Congratulations son." I pulled him into a hug. "I'm really proud of you."

"Thanks dad and thanks for being here."

"No problem, love you."

"Love you too." He walked over to everybody else and I just watched him mingle. Looking over at Carlee she had a big smile on her face while her nose was red from all the crying she's been doing. She finally caught on to me staring and smirked.

She looked beautiful today.

Shoving my hands in my pockets I just stared down at my shoes. Impatiently waiting for somebody to tell us our next move.

"You sure you're okay?" Carlee asked causing me to look up.

"Haven't been feeling good today but I'll be alright."

"Chris I know your sick face and when something is on your mind. Wassup?"

"Just thinking about how all our babies are growing up, time really flew." I lied.