18 ~ Confessions

Keith thought they were getting closer.

He thought that he meant something to Lance.

He thought that maybe Lance had the slight possibility of liking him back.

But then his words replayed in his head.

"I don't want you at the moment."

The rejection hit him like a truck. Lance never liked him and never will.

This is what Keith got for letting his guard down. He let someone else in and got his heart crushed again.

He thought Lance knew. He thought he understood.

"Keith." Shiro called down the hall.

"What." Keith spat, turning around with hate and sadness over his face.

"Lance didn't mean it." Shiro told him.

"I think he did." Keith muttered.

Shiro sighed, wondering if this is how oblivious him and Adam were back when-

"Lance told me."

"He told you just then that everything he said was a lie and he didn't mean any of it?"

"No, but-" Shiro tried, yet Keith just scoffed.

"Never mind. Don't build up my hopes." Keith stated, turning around.

"Where are you going?" Shiro called.

"Somewhere, where only someone who knew the real me would be able to find me." Keith told Shiro without turning around.

Keith had finally found the sky room. What a pretty view it was. Keith missed space. He felt like it was the only place he truly belonged.

Keith looked into the sky and wondered how it would feel to eject himself out into the wondrous velvet entity.

~~~

Lance toured the halls of the Garrison's supplied base.

Keith had not been in his room, yet Lance was pretty sure he knew where he'd be.

The sky room was on the other side of the base, so it took a minute or two to reach it.

Lance looked ahead at the pretty boy who's eyes glistened with the stars above.

Lance sighed before walking towards him.

"Keith."

Said boy turned his head, eyes still wet from tears yet full of hatred.

"Keith. I'm sorry. I lied."

"Lied about what Lance? That you didn't think I cared? That you didn't want to be with me at the moment?" Keith yelled.

"Everything I said earlier. Except for the part about those months we spent together."

Keith softened slightly, before realizing this is the boy who stomped over his heart.

"Well then. Tell me the truth."

"The truth? Where do I start?" Lance sighed, looking down.

"The truth is that every time I look at you I seem to smile. Every time you laugh or smile or tease or do anything I feel my heart jump a million miles per minute. The 6 months we spent alone drew us close and I'm happy for that and never want to tarnish what it did for us. Truthfully I said what I meant by telling you I wanted life to be like it was forever. I mean it when I say that I want to be with you forever. Every day in my life I can't imagine without you in it and I was heartbroken when you said you thought you loved someone and- I think I-" Lance said, his breath catching as he began to cry.

"I know, I like you."

Lance's eyes were tightly shut for rejection, but when nothing came he looked up to see Keith frozen in shock.

He was still crying, yet no longer from sadness but from joy.

Suddenly, two firm arms snaked their way around Lance's waist as Keith hugged him.

"I like you too."

Lance hugged back immediately, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. He buried his head into Keith's mullet.

"Do you- maybe I don't know- want t-o be m-my boyfriend?" Lance asked Keith, slightly pushing himself from the hug.

"Yes, of course you idiot." Keith giggled, pressing his face to Lance's chest.

Yet instead of another hug, like the taller boy was expecting, Keith pulled Lance into a kiss.

Lance was shocked, yet recovered and kissed back.

The kiss was sweet, pure, and loving.

And both of them knew it was long waited for.