Chapter Sixteen

I feel like I haven't updated in fifteen years.
Not edited - and ya'll if I accidentally wrote Simone's part in 3rd person instead of 1 person, I am SO sorry. I'm so used to writing in 3rd person POV for my other stories, and sometimes I forget that this story is in 1 person POV. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣

Chapter Sixteen

I threw off the second shirt I had put on that night, groaning loudly as I rummaged through my dressers, trying to find something, anything, that would make me look like I had at least tried to look decent for tonight. I don't know why in the world I was freaking out. It most definitely wasn't a date, or at least that's what I had been trying to tell myself for the past week.

"Oh my goodness," I sighed, shutting my dresser drawers and walking over to my closet, and swinging the door open. I had to have something in here worth wearing. As I continued to look, my eyes stopped on a sheer, pink long sleeve shirt that had tiny hints of glitter splattered all over. It was cute, and wouldn't draw too much attention to me, but it would definitely bring out the color of my dark hair. I grabbed the shirt and threw it on before walking over to my mirror and expecting myself.

My hair lay against my shoulders, the black locks contrasting against the pale pink of the shirt. I wore a pair of dark blue jeans, and slipped on some brown sandals. When I was finished taking in my reflection, I clapped my hands together, pleased with myself. Victoria would be proud, I thought for the first time in forever, as I applied a little bit of lip gloss, and grabbed my purse.

I glanced down at my phone to see that it was a quarter 'til seven. Lee had offered to pick me up from my apartment, and I had agreed.

I walked out of my room and sat down on my couch as I waited for him to arrive. I knew he wouldn't be much longer since he had texted me thirty minutes earlier, saying that he was on his way.

Less than ten minutes later, there was a knock at my door.

"Hey," Lee answered as soon as I opened the door. He was wearing a pair of jeans with a black jacket, his red baseball cap over his head. "You look beautiful."

If I wasn't holding onto the door with a death grip, I probably would've fallen out there. "Thank you. You don't look bad yourself." I replied, opening the door wider for him to come in. "Do you want to sit down for a second?" I offered.

The corner of his lip quirked upwards. "Tempting, but I'll have to take a rain check." His eyes fell on me, making me feel slightly insecure, as if he was trying to read me before he smiled. "Come on, I have somewhere special I want to take you." He held out his hand expectantly and I just stared down at it.

He chuckled. "I won't bite."

I reluctantly placed my hand in his and followed him out the door, locking it behind me.

      "So where are we going?" I asked a little nervously as he settled into the car and started it. He held up a finger as to tell me, not yet.

"Like I said, it's a surprise." He turned on the radio and began driving out of the parking lot. "Just sit back and enjoy the ride."

***
About twenty minutes later we pulled up to a large stadium builing. The lights were off, and there were no other cars in the large parking lot but us.

      "Um, what are we doing here?" I asked a little worriedly, watching as he turned off the car and chuckled.

"We're going in the stadium."

I pointed out the window. "I see that, but no one's here. It's closed." I replied, causing him to laugh again. He shook his head and got out of the car before coming around and opening my door.