73 ↴ IRL

Briar watched with a smile as Tom raced around the city street with a phone in his hand, dressed as Peter Parker and filming his final scene. People were giving him weird looks as he did so, but Briar could tell that Tom didn't care. When he had successfully taken several shots of the scene, he turned off the camera and returned to where the production team were waiting.

The director stood up immediately and clapped Tom on the back before yelling, "That's a wrap on Spider-Man: Homecoming! We did it!"

Everyone broke into cheers and began congratulating Tom, and so Briar hung back a bit and let Tom be congratulated; he deserved it. When Tom had finally made his way over to Briar, he wasted no time in pulling her into a hug and lifting her up. Briar let out a shocked laugh. "What's that for?"

"We did it." Tom said breathlessly, putting her down and staring at her with a wide grin on his face.

"No, you did it." She corrected.

"I couldn't have done it without you, Bri."

Briar tried to fight the smile wanting to appear but she failed, and her heart was thumping so loud in her chest that she was convinced Tom could hear it. Tom's arms were resting comfortably on Briar's hips and she took a small step backwards when she noticed, well aware that they were being watched.

"I'm just your assistant. You're the movie star." Tom wanted to frown; Briar was much more than just an assistant, surely she was aware of that? However, before he could say anything, Briar was pointing over his shoulder. "Looks like you have an audience."

Tom turned to see a small smattering of fans waving at them frantically from across the piazza. He smiled and waved at them, and they began cheering and calling his name. "I'm going to duck over and say hello, want to come with?"

Briar shook her head and stepped back further. "Oh, no, I couldn't. They're here for you, not me."

Tom pursed his lips but nodded before walking across the piazza. The screams intensified the closer he got and Briar couldn't help but laugh a little as she watched him hug a few fans and take several photos. Suddenly, Tom was turning back to her and waving her over quite vivaciously. He was calling her name, as were some of the fans, and so Briar walked over slowly with her head ducked low.

What could they possibly want with her?

Tom leaned in close to Briar when she arrived by his side, his hand brushing against her side as he whispered, "You were wrong. They're here for you."

Briar's face fell open in shock as she looked at some of the fans, all of whom where staring back at her with wide eyes and even wider grins. "Me? You want me?"

"Yes! Can we get a picture? If that's — if that's okay, of course!" One of the girls asked, a thick accent lacing her words.

Briar was stunned, and looked to Tom for guidance. Usually, she was the one helping him but now she was in his environment. He nodded encouragingly, smiling at her softly, and so Briar took a photo with the fan. The young girl hugged Briar tightly and thanked her over and over again, her eyes beginning to glisten with unshed tears.

"Do you mind if I get a photo with you?" Briar asked the fan, and she was sure the young girl would have passed out if her friend wasn't holding onto her. "I'll share it on my Twitter, if you're okay with that?"

Tom watched with a warm feeling in his heart as Briar took a photo with the fan and shared it to Twitter, tagging the young girl. He was surprised that she wasn't more used to getting photos with her fans — she had quite the fan base — and he quite enjoyed watching how she treated everyone as though she had known them for years. She had something sweet to say about everyone, and it made Tom's inside giddy.

When the two of them had taken photos with all of the fans, they headed back to set where Tom changed out of his Peter Parker costume for the last time. Briar sensed he was a bit saddened having to do so, and she could understand. Nevertheless, she was confident that this movie wouldn't be his last.

"We should do something to celebrate!" Briar blurted suddenly, unable to control her thoughts any longer. They — including Harrison — were seated in a sleek car on the way back to their hotel. Briar had been mentally debating whether or not to bother mentioning her idea, but she really wanted to: one day, she wouldn't have the chance to find Tom sitting next to her.

One day, their time together would be nothing more than a memory, and Briar was going to make the most of every moment whilst she could.

Harrison perked up, glancing away from his phone. He had been glued to the thing all day, no doubt texting Olivia. "Yeah, I'm down! We should get a drink together."

Briar pursed her lips, not knowing if drinking alcohol was the best idea but Tom seemed enthusiastic about it. The legal drinking age in Berlin was sixteen compared to America's twenty-one, and Briar could already tell that the pair had their hearts and minds set on the idea.

"Fine, but on one condition: we're not getting drunk. I don't want to get fired."

I hate this chapter but yeet