2 ~ Fights and Boy Frights

: Daniel :

                              . After I had told Phillip, he told mother. And she got mad. Really mad. That's why I decided to take a small stroll through town. "Oh Anne! That dress is beautiful! When I turn 15, can I get a new dress? I've had this one since 12." I heard a familiar voice sound. "Of course Ellie. When you are 15, we will get you that dress and a big cake. That's how special you are." Another female voice awnsered. "Those are the Wheelers." I whispered to myself. "I'm going to say hi." Before anyone could tell me to stay back, I ran over to Ellie. "Hello m'lady." I began playfully. "Daniel! I-I..."  I chuckled. "Who are you?" An older looking man asked me, pushing Ellie and who I'm assuming is Anne behind him.
                                                     "Don't worry W.D, Anne. I met him yesterday, when I was getting our weeks food." W.D got in back of the girls once more. "Daniel. I do not feel like speaking at the moment." She told me. "Ah don't worry Ellie. I don't bite." W.D scoffed. "Look Daniel. I-I don't know if you want to be seen-" I cut her off, not wanting for her to say that. "Ellie I don't mind." I quickly said, referring to the stares I got. "How about I pitch in some money to get your sister a dress?" I held out a dollar waving it around. "Oh no! Daniel that is to much. Do not worry. We'll manage." Anne protested. I shook my head. "I insist. That blue dress is beginning to get dirty." I told her.
                                                           Ellie shook her head and I shoved the dollar in Anne's hand. "Thank you so much Daniel." W.D thanked. I nodded a, No problem. "Now go try on that dress Ellie." I smiled. Ellie ran over quickly to the merchant and gave him the money. She ran into a small booth they had set up to change. I was watching her, staring almost. She has nice lips. N-no she doesn't. "Thank you so much Daniel." I heard Anne Thank from behind me. "It's no problem. I get 5 dollars in allowance a week.." I began. W.D tried to hold in his anger. "It's beautiful! Thank you so much Daniel!" Ellie exclaimed, running over and hugging me hard. It was like she magically appeared in front of me. She smiled beautifully, her eyes shinning like she had just seen an angel. Ellie looked absolutely beautiful in the dress. "Oh Ellie you look amazing!" Anne exclaimed and hugged her tightly. W.D hugged her as well. It was a goldish-bronze looking dress. Really pretty.

 Really pretty

: Ellie :

                                  We walked away from the crowd and Daniel. It was very sweet of him to buy me the dress. "He seemed sweet." Anne stated, breaking the silence. "Eh. He spends his money carelessly. Must be rich." W.D shrugged. "Did he tell you his last name?" Anne asked. I nodded. Was it Carly? Carol? Ah Carlye. "He's Daniel Carlye." I responded to Anne. W.D gasped. "The Carlye's are the richest family here." Anne said looking down. By now we'd stopped. People passed us by, spitting and muttering things to themselves. "No wonder he gave out a dollar for free." W.D said under his breath. "Forget it. He probably won't be speaking to us anymore." Anne shook it off.
"When are we going to go talk to Mr. Barnum?" I asked W.D. "I'm not sure. Maybe tomorrow." He replied simply, looking up and smiling at me. "I'm going for a walk." I declared. I don't know why, but I just didn't know what to think about what Anne and W.D had said about Daniel. "O-ok. Be back by 7:00!" W.D yelled after me. I nodded and went on my way towards the city. It was already 5:00, so I had two hours. The lights lit up my way as I passed boys, girls, women and children. Suddenly, I was pulled down an alleyway by some boy who looked to be 15. "Hello. You're very beautiful." The boy told me and began to walk towards me. I began to walk back until my back hit a wall.
Without any other word, the boy leaned in. "U-um Sir. I'm sorry but I just met you. I don't want to kiss-" The boy scoffed. "I don't care." He continued to lean in, but I pushed him back. "I feel uncomfortable." I stated, trying hard not to cry. "And I said I don't care." He moved closer, forcing me to place my body against the wall. He leaned in until he was punched to the ground by someone. "Hey! What's wrong with you!" The boy yelled, getting up. "She said no!" Daniel yelled, getting ready to fight. Tears streamed down my face, tinting my eyes a light pink. "Daniel don't!" Daniel looked at me and back at the boy. After that, all I can remember is crying, punches, and yelling.

~

I woke up in a big bed in an even bigger room. "Please. Let me see her." A muffled voice sounded from outside. "No she needs to rest." Then, the big doors opened. "Ellie!" Anne ran over to me and gave me a hug. I happily hugged her back. Daniel was smiling in the doorway. "What happened?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. "You passed out in the middle of the fight Wheeler. Had to take you somewhere. Of course I didn't know your address and my parents aren't home for the weekend so..." I was in the Carlye's house. The richest family in town. "Thank you so much Daniel. From the dress to this. I need to repay you sometime." Daniel shook his head no. W.D had pulled me in for a hug and picked me up of the bed, placing me on the ground. "I insist. At least let me do some housework. A month sound ok?" I asked, not taking no for an awnser.
"Ok then. Fine." I smiled and began to walk out the door. "Bye Daniel." I said before walking away with Anne and W.D. "Ok. What happened?" W.D asked me right as we were out. "I-I was walking quite happily until some boy about 15 pulled me into an alley. He tried to kiss me but I resisted and before he was able to do it, Daniel punched him." I explained calmly. "God bless that child." Anne muttered. "I had to repay him somehow so I'm going to be doing housework for a month." I told them. "I'm so proud of you El." Anne said, pulling me in for a hug. "Why?" I half asked - half chuckled. "Because. Most girls wouldn't offer work. They'd just Thank the man then go home." She replied and squeezed my shoulder tightly.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Thank you all so much for reading even though I have like 5 views XD

~ Maya🐚