Lucky Stars

"M-mommy."

Nadine's eyes slightly opened as she heard some silent cries.

'You're too tired, thats why even when you're asleep, you're imagining.' She thought, and turned around to the left side of the bed. She was about to bury her face in her husband's chest when she heard some sobs. And that's when she finally stood.

"M-mommy, d-daddy." Aww, that was her Audrey's voice!

She looked at James for awhile. He just came home, just almost a couple of hours ago. And he was now in deep slumber. He was surely too tired from his whole day shooting for his new project so she didn't bother to wake him up.

She opened the door and saw her crying little girl sitting on the floor with her fluffy unicorn stuff toy, making her want to cry too.

Audrey immediately hugged her mother when she saw her figure fronting her.

"What happened, my love?" her mommy asked as she comforts her.

She kept on mumbling 'mommy' as Nadine carries her carefully. She closed their room's door and walked to her daughter's room, with Audrey still in her arms.

She sat on the edge of Audrey's purple bed as soon as they entered while Audrey sits on her lap.

Nadine pouted as she cups her baby girl's cheeks. "Why is my baby crying?"

"Mommy, I had a bad bad dream." she says in between her sobs.

"Can Mommy know what her baby girl's nightmare was?" she asked as she combs Audrey's hair with her hand to stop it from blocking her face.

"I dreamed that you and Daddy *sobs* and Kuya didnt go to my ballet show in school *sobs* and people laughed at me *sobs* cos I wasn't able to dance cos I looked for you"

"Shhh, tahan na, baby. It was just a dream. Your show will still be next week."

She held her daughter's shoulders when she bowed her head down as she continued crying.

"And you think we'll do that? You think we will not come to support you, Audrey Alexis?" she worriedly asked.

"I don't know."

"Okay, look at mommy's eyes, love."
and she followed her. These were the eyes that always made Nadine proud, because they have very same eyes! Both beautiful, bright and most of all, both of their pair of eyes are James' favorites.

"Remember this, Audrey. Your daddy, Kuya and me will always be here and there for you. We are a family, love. We won't and will never leave each other, right?"

Audrey nods with her lips still pouted.

"But mommy, I cried because people laughed at me because I cried in the show coz you didn't show up."

"What others think about you doesn't matter, Audrey. You just need to believe in yourself, your confidence shouldn't be based on them."

"But mommy the dome was really big and i was alone on stage, I got shy and didnt help but cry."

"You got shy? Where's the cheerful and confident Audrey I know? "

"Yep I got shy because others had some other ballerinas and dancers with them."

Nadine was about to reply and open her mouth but Audrey continued,

"But me...I'm alone." the little girl almost whispered which made Nadine blew out a sigh.