I closed the door behind me. Zack is finally asleep.
"Julia!" Sally said and I looked behind me.
"I was searching for you. I wanted to say something but didn't get time." She said coming towards me.
"What is it?" I asked her.
"Thank you. Thank you for letting me sleep in your room and sorry for any trouble that I caused you." She said.
"I should be the one to say thank you and sorry. You helped me so much yesterday." I said.
"Zack is like a grandson to me. If I do anything for him then it's because I love him." She said and I smiled.
Ring...Ring...
I took out my phone. It's Charles. It must be his lunch time. He is so desperate. He is so cute. I smiled thinking about it.
"I have some work. I will leave you to take the call." Sally said and I nodded.
I picked up the call.
"Julia!!!! It's lunchtime right now!" He said.
"Calm down, lover boy. You are so desperate." I said and giggled.
I walked inside my room and closed the door behind me.
"Hey!" He said. He must be blushing. My blushing baby!
"Did you ask Deven?" I asked him.
"I did." He said.
"Then, what did he say?" I asked curiously.
"He said that it's a secret between you two." He said.
I started laughing. It must be so hard for Deven to say this to Charles. Poor Deven.
"Stop laughing and tell me!" Charles complained.
"Didn't Deven already say that it's a secret so I can't say anything." I said trying to control my laugh.
"Julia!!" He whined.
"Charles, will you like it if I told our secret to anyone even if it's Deven?" I asked him.
"No." He said in a small voice.
"Then, how will Deven feel if I told our secret to you?" I asked him.
"Ok. Don't tell me. I don't want to know anymore." He said while I tried to control my laugh.
This is the technique I learned from Charles. He always does this to me.
"Charles, I forgot to ask, did you go to all my workplaces that day?" I asked.
"Yeah. I forgot to tell you, Iris and Ivy have joined school bus for commuting between home and school." He said.
"But, didn't Sally and Ted say that Iris and Ivy are too young to start using school bus?" I asked.
"I know but they tried taking them to school by themselves and I picked them up after school for a couple of days but it didn't work out. Sally and Ted ended up getting late to work and it was a problem so they decided on the school bus." He said.
"That must be a problem." I said.
"You, don't start feeling guilty! They had to join school bus one day." He said.
"Did you meet Leona?" I asked him.
"She was worried about you. You left just like that then quit the job and didn't even call her. When I told her about your new job, she was happy and relieved. You should meet or at least call her." He said.
"I made her worry about me! Charles, I will talk to you later. I will call Leona right now." I said.
"Ok. Bye." He said and I hang up the call.

Let's call Leona!
I searched my phone book and called her number.
Ring...Ring...
"Hello! Julia!!" She said as soon as she picked up.
"Leona! So sorry that I didn't call you!" I apologized to her.
"It's ok. How are you? Are you doing well? Is your new job good?" She bombarded me with questions.
I started laughing.
"I am fine. I am doing well and my new job is fun. Zack, the kid is really cute." I answered all her questions.
"Sorry, I got really excited." She said laughing nervously.
"How are you doing? And how is Alex?" I asked her.
"We are both doing well. But, it's so boring working here without you." She said.
"You are working alone at our counter?" I asked her. It's been a few days already.
"No. They appointed a guy but he is so annoying!!" She complained.
"Annoying?" I asked. It's really strange to hear this word from Leona. She is the only person I know who is really good at adjusting and try to get along with everyone.
"He is a total flirt! He flirts with all the women who come to the counter no matter if she is single or married. Then he keeps on flirting with me! He met Alex when I brought him with me after his school and has befriended him. He keeps on saying these stupid things to my cute baby that he likes me and he is going to marry me and become his dad!! Can you believe how he can lie to a kid!!! God!!! He makes me so mad!! I just hate him but he is really good at his work and knows about every cosmetics and knows about all latest fashion trends so I can't even complain about him! And for some reason, the mall's manager comes to meet him. Can you believe that! That scary manager comes to meet him and also talks to him nicely! I don't know what's the deal with him! And I don't care!" She ranted on.
"I get it that you hate him." I commented.
I think there is a love story going on and I will soon be invited to her wedding. But, I can't tell her what I think right now.
"How is your course going on?" I asked her.
"It's going well. I have exams next week and it's so hectic." She said.
She is studying from distance education program. She will quit and join a company after her course is over.
It will be better for her and Alex.
"Hey, beautiful! Who are you talking to?" I heard someone on the phone.
"None of your business!" Leona answered to him.
"Don't tell me that you are cheating on me!" He said.
"Can you stop spouting such nonsense!" She replied to him annoyed.
"You can't cheat on me. You love me just like I love you." He said.
"I am gonna kill you if you don't stop now!" She said angrily.
"Don't be like that." He said.
"Julia, I will talk to you later." She said to me hanging up the call.
I giggled. Wow! One more love story has started along with Charles and Deven. I am so happy for Leona. She really deserves all the love! She has suffered enough all these years but now she only deserves happiness and Alex too needs a dad. I hope she has a wonderful love story.

I know that there was no scene of Jayden and Julia but I hope you still liked the chapter.😁
And I wanted to ask you something, I got a comment that said she wanted more of Charles and Deven, so I was wondering if you will like to read a POV of Charles?🤔 A whole chapter only for Charles and Deven in Charles point of view! Do comment your views about it!!😉
Do tell me your favorite line or quote from the chapter!!😁