Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Fourth Chapter

Birdie came back later that day with my dinner and didn't leave the room

Birdie came back later that day with my dinner and didn't leave the room. He looked a little nervous when he sat down on the floor.

"When Che was 13, Ryan moved out of the house. He made a message board just for the three of us so we could keep in contact. I sent him a message there. About you."

"He won't reply. He knows it's a trap."

"It's not a trap. I'm losing myself in this, and I don't want that. I used to believe in the system. The system used to work. I didn't get into this because I wanted to beat eighteen-year-olds. Or watch eighteen-year-olds get beat up. I'm helping you back to your family if you'll help Che back to his."

"I can't decide for Che. He chose to come with me. You don't understand, Aidan..." The use of his actual name put an emphasis on the seriousness of this. I hoped. "Our animals react to each other. I don't know how to explain it any other way, but we're kind of connected. We're not going to get separated. When I get out of here, I'm out, and I'm gonna stay with Nat and Che."

"Nathan, you're eighteen. Che is nineteen. I know this is your first real relationship and it's probably Che's too, but... You guys are so young. What happens if you break up? Then Che has nothing."

"You don't understand, Aidan. We're not going to break up. He's part of my team. He's mine."
"And does he feel the same way about you? I know my brother. I know how he is. He's not... The most serious guy. He likes girls more than anything."

I snorted loudly. I knew the truth there. Che had been with five girls before me. I bet everyone thought the number was way higher. He was extremely attractive and kind of arrogant too. He had the appearance and identity of a womaniser. But he wasn't. It was just a façade. It was easier for him to be sarcastic and arrogant, rather than being vulnerable.

He could be vulnerable with me, just like I could with him. Neither of us needed to be anything we weren't when it was just the two of us.

Che had once said, everything would be perfect if it was just him and me, and I realised he was right. If we could just be alone, everything was perfect. The small moments we had had of freedom were pure bliss.

"I don't think you know Che very well anymore," I said and leaned back against the wall, finished with my dinner. It was nice. Dean was a good cook.

"We'll see. If he chooses to stay with you... I'll have to accept that."

I didn't believe him at all, but if this could get me out... Playing along? I knew Che would choose me. I trusted him when he told me, he would always choose me. Birdie didn't need to know that.

 Birdie didn't need to know that