By Your Side. (Prologue)

Start from the beginning

"What exactly is it?" He asked.

"HER name is Phoebe Chalondra Davids."

"Oh my gosh! It's a girl!" Dylan squealed. She adjusted Archer and stuck out her hand. Jude scowled, digging in his pocket and handing her a hundred dollar bill. "Couldn't have a freaking boy." He muttered. Tony growled. Evan came in, rolling his eyes with a hand in Mandie's and the other holding a small, brown haired girl. "Dude, he was just kidding."

"Temper temper." Madison remarked, holding her little boy by the hand while Bruce held the little girl on his hip.  

"Can we look now?" Mandie whined.  

"Wait. Mom and dad's not here yet." Madi said.  

Right on cue, my parents came through the door.

"Now!"

All female eyes turned to Phoebe. As if she sensed someone other then her mommy and her daddy watching her, she opened her bright blue-green eyes.

Everyone gasped. Then, "Aww!" From Mandie and Madison. Dylan, just grinned. "God, Tony, you just gave all your DNA, didn't you?"

Archer, in her arms stirred and opened his own, bright blue eyes. He blinked at me and gave me his mom's grin, then his eyes flickered over to Phoebe. His jaw dropped and then he started squirming in his mom's grip.  

She put him down and he slowly walked over to me, where I was holding Phoebe. He looked up at me, his eyes questioning. "Her name's Phoebe, Archie. You wanna say hi?"

"Pobe." He said softly. I laughed along with everyone else. "No, son, Phoebe."

"Ph-Phoebes."

"Phoebe."

"Phoebe."  

"Right."

He gazed at her, his dirty blond his flopping into his eyes. "Phoebe pretty."  

"I think so too." Tony said from beside me.  

"I don't think so," Archer said, turning his gaze to Tony's eyes. "I KNOW so."

The room was packed with werewolves and humans, and flowers that they had brought. The room was cheerful, bright yellow with a small lamp, and tiled floor. It was about five o' clock right now.  

I was beginning to nod off, but I heard someone ask a question then Tony say, "The baby'll be fine in her arms, I'm sure."

More mumbling. Then, "I don't know why he's looking at her like that. I've never seen anything like it."  

I drifted off to sleep.  

When I woke up, mostly everyone had stayed. Jude and Dylan and Archer had to go back and run the pack, but they left a pretty long note. The distance was killing me.  

Things had happened since we got married.  

For one, Tony found out that his father had died and left him a small-town pack in Minnesota. We had to move from Florida to inherit it and run the pack. Dylan, of course, had Archer Jack Connor (Jude's last name) first. Then, a few months later, came Max and Marissa, Madison's kids. They were two as well. Then, last but not least, Mandie and Evan had Emma. She was one. I couldn't get pregnant in the first two years, which is why Phoebe is so special.  

I groaned. Tony looked up. "What's wrong?"

"I miss Dylan already."

He kissed my forehead. "We'll see them soon, I promise."