Eleven

**************
"If you don't follow your heart, you might spend the rest of your life wishing you had!"
**************

Sam's POV
It was time to go back to Seattle, and I was really nervous. Me and Dice were just sat on the couch waiting for Freddie to come over. He didn't sound too pleased when I told him Dice was coming with us, but he let it go.

The doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. Freddie walked in. "You ready?"

"Yeah!" I sighed. We grabbed our bags and headed to Freddie's car. "Hop in!"

"Wait. If we go in your car - we have no way to get back here!" Dice said.

"True. I can take my bike." I said, walking back through the car park.

Freddie caught up and looked at me, a hint of surprise in his eyes. "You still have it?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"I just- I thought, you know, that because it was from me you wouldn't want it."

"Can I be honest? It's the nicest thing anyone's ever given me!" I mumbled, leaning against the bike.

"What about your birthdays? I'm sure you got nice things then!"

"Wanna know what my mum got me for my 7th birthday?" I looked away, taking a deep breathe. "A shovel and a tub of meatballs."

"Wow. We're the meatballs at least nice?"

"I don't know. I didn't eat them."

"Sam Puckett not eating meat? What has the world come to?" He lightly joked, trying to lift the mood.

"I buried them because I though I could grow a meatball tree so I would have one thing that could last. It never grew!"

"Oh, that's why you don't like to celebrate your birthday?"

"Yep!"

"Well, if I knew you when you were seven, I would have made your birthday amazing."

I chucked. "Thanks Freddork!"

He smiled and gave me a hug and I wrapped my arms around him, sinking into his chest. I looked up and saw him looking down at me, at my lips. We both leaned in and shared a kiss. It was nicer then the other ones. It was familiar. I had really missed him in the past two years. Freddie felt like home! We broke apart and coughed awkwardly.

"You had better get back to your car before Dice breaks it!" I chuckled.

His face dropped at he mention of his name. "Yeah, Dice. You boyfriend!"

I hopped on my bike when Freddie went back to his car and drove it to the front. Dice went in Freddie's car with the bags and I drove my bike close behind. This was it. I was finally going home.

********************************************************************************
When we got to Seattle, me and Dice booked into a hotel and spent the night there while Freddie went back to his. The next morning, me and Dice got a phone call from Freddie telling us to get to the hospital. We took my bike and sat in the waiting room when we got there. Freddie later walked in, Carly following behind him. She took a double take when she saw me, eyes wide and jaw dropped. She - not so discreetly - whispered to Freddie. "What is she doing here?"

"She is visiting Spencer then leaving again!"

"Good, life has got better in the two years you haven't been around!"