Part 38

BELLAMY:

"Clarke," I whispered, hoping she would stop and listen to me for a second.

"We don't all just work for you you know!! How about you do things yourself once in a while, huh?!" she continued, with a stern look.

Ah, shit! Clarke knew exactly what she was doing, and she wasn't holding back, which was what I wanted, wasn't it? I guess so. I just kept feeling like she meant every word she said, like maybe this was for real. Like this wasn't a fake break up to her. It made me worried. But I gave her an honest look of guilt and apologies before I played along, knowing that everyone right outside could hear us.

"OH, I'M SO SORRY, MISS PRIVILEGED, IF I DON'T WORK HARD ENOUGH FOR YOU! I FORGOT THAT I LIVE TO PLEASE YOU!" I fired back at her in a mocking and sarcastic tone. She crossed her arms over her chest and sneered in disgust. I could tell, from her eyes, that she loathed me right now, or maybe she just pretended to. Either way, it was convincing as hell. I needed to fight back the need to apologies and hold her. Tell her I didn't mean it, and that I loved her. But I knew that we had to do this. No backing down now.

"Seriously? THAT'S all it took to shut you up?!" I yelled in fake disbelief and shock, with a hint of laughter in ny voice. "Unbelievable!!" I frusturatedly let out. She pushed my chest again so I stumbled more backwards.

"ASSHOLE! BEING PRIVILEGED DIDN'T MAKE MY LIFE ANY BETTER THAN YOURS! AND IT'S NOT LIKE I HAD A CHOICE!" she yelled. I hated myself. Not because of what I'd said, because I didn't mean it, but because she looked so surprised and a hint of hurt flashed her eyes before she focused again. I just wanted to fix her and hold her together like I was her glue. People always hurt her or took advantage of her beautiful soul and now I felt like I had done exactly that.

"Just spare it, Princess. Nobody's interested in hearing your excuses. You're just like your people and that's why we don't work!" I practically spit out like it was poison in my mouth.

"NO! We don't work because of you, you selfish bastard!" she said, defending her people. She stumped out of the dropship, and into the main square filled with curious people. She made her way past them as I followed her and grabbed her wrist harsh and pulled her back, forcing her to look at me, surrounded by people with amused faces and curious eyes.

"LET GO OF ME" she said through gritted teeth.

"Let me get one thing straight here, princess! I lead, you follow. Don't make me regret I didn't kill you off when I had the chance" I said, lound enough for everyone to hear. She pulled her arm back with force.

"I hate you" our faces were inches away as she spit the words out, not showing any sign of fear.

"Does it look like I care?" I said carelessly, giving her a look made of stone and nothing even related too emotions. She walked off to her tent and left me alone with a staggered and speechless crowd. They seemed scared as I turned around. They had a kind of 'If he can say that too Clarke, god knows what he'll do to me' kind of looks on their faces.

"GET BACK TO WORK!" I yelled with a rough, loud and demanding voice. People didn't think twice about following orders. The way it should be. But now that our scene was played and the show was over, I felt like shit. I looked at Octavia, and she gave me slightly nod, before she walked off like the rest of them. When I turned around, I saw Finn glaring at me with disgust.

"What?! You got something to say, Spacewalker?"

"Clarke is not something you just throw away" he said, like it was a rule he had and anyone who broke it would pay.

"That's funny, considering that's exactly what you did" I said with a devil-ish smirk, and sneered. He looked like fire could burst out of his ears at any moment.

"So, just so I get this clear...Clarke's single now, right?" he smirked, trying to get under my skin. I felt anger blossoming inside of me and my fists turned while as I tightened them into balls. He laughed as he saw that I struggled resisting the urge to punch him.

"Like she'd want you" I hauntly said.

"Didn't look like she wanted you either there, Oh fierce leader"

"Don't you have a girlfriend to get back to?" I said, so sick and tired of his excistans.
I started to walk away as he continued.

"It was just a tip though...take it from somebody who regrets it." he said through gritted teeth as he had called down.

"Shut up" I walked, bumping his shoulder as I passed him.