even

6 | six

"ah!"

chan stumbled back as a little girl ran into the store straight to him, colliding into his legs. moritified, he jumped onto the counter.

yeseul walked in and looked at him. "what are you doing?"

"that... get the kid away!" he cried, making her laugh.

"don't tell me you're scared of children," she scoffed, picking up the girl. "chan, meet my little sister, jiseul."

"what?" he asked.

"i told her about you, and she wanted to meet you," yeseul explained. "say hello, jiseul."

"hello!" the four-year-old grinned, making chan hesitantly wave back.

"i'll let you guys bond," she said, putting jiseul down.

"come down," the child said, waddling up to the counter. chan slowly got off and stood on the ground, watching the bright girl.

he could see her similarities to yeseul. chan smiled.

"where you from? i from pyongyang," she spoke broken korean, but chan frowned.

"pyongyang? but—"

"she meant pyeongchang," yeseul interrupted. "go on, chan. talk to her!"

"i'm from seoul," he smiled before scowling at yeseul, who laughed at his nervousness.

however, eventually, he warmed up to jiseul, and even ran around with her.

"i can totally see you as a dad," yeseul said as the child chased chan around. he looked at her, panting.

"i think i'm ready to have kids."

she laughed. "we'll see about that."

a | n :
MY PACE. 
HYUNJIN.