17

Baekhyun sits up, “Why? Why not?”

Still smiling, Chanyeol wipes at Baekhyun’s eyes with his two thumbs. “I’m not…the perfect model. I’m not close to being perfect. I’m lucky you still wanted me after seeing how I am and the way I act. They said I don’t have a lot of time left—“

“Stop, please,” Baekhyun holds Chanyeol’s wrists, keeping his touch on his face. “Please don’t say anything else…”

“I’m sorry, Baekhyunnie. I wish I could’ve been made perfect for you, I wish I could’ve been all that you wanted—“

“Don’t you get it?” Baekhyun tightens his grip, resisting eye contact. “I can’t….” Loose tears fall from his heavy eyes. Some fall on Chanyeol, who tries to catch them and give them back.

“Baekhyunnie, you’re leaking!”

“You, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun says seriously. More tears fall. “I don’t care about any of your defects or faults. I don’t care about your facial twitch, I don’t care if…if you don’t have enough time left. You’re already perfect for me. You’re already all I could have ever wanted. I don’t regret buying you. My only regret is that I took so long to…kiss you the first time.”

“Baekhyunnie—“

“It’s okay,” Baekhyun continues, smiling through his tears. “We’ll make the most of our days. There’s no reason for me to be like this. I know…I know no matter what happens, I won’t lose you.”

The kiss Chanyeol pulls him in is meant to be reassuring but it shears away at the protective layer Baekhyun has over his heart. Chanyeol kisses as if he’s scared too and his lower lips trembles when Baekhyun pushes himself closer on the bed.

“Don’t leak anymore,” Chanyeol begs, lips to Baekhyun’s cheek. “I don’t like it. Please don’t.”

“It’s called crying,” Baekhyun whispers. “We do it when we’re sad or happy.”

“Are you happy now?”

“Yes…yes, because I'm with you.”  

The days pass slowly, Baekhyun makes sure of it. He does most of his homework immediately after coming from university and spends the rest of the days dragging Chanyeol all around Seoul.

Their first stop is an ice cream shop and Baekhyun buys Chanyeol the most possible scoops, much to the disbelief of the cashier. When Chanyeol downs it all in the same time one would normally take for one scoop, the cashier lady is stunned.

“I can’t taste it, not really,” Chanyeol says as they walk hand in hand down the street. “But it feels good in my mouth! Wah, Baekhyunnie, you have some of your cheek. Let me get that for you!”

Baekhyun expects a sleeve to start rubbing at his face or a hand, not soft lips and a curious tongue. Chanyeol licks Baekhyun until he’s good and pink, laughing when Baekhyun’s ice cream