Chapter 8: The date

Isabella

I was finally the end of 7th period, time for art. I walked into a fairly free environment. I heard humming and tapping, pencils scratching, papers ripping and I look to a student missing. I quickly found my way to my seat. I sit pretty cozy by the window. I was sitting when 2 eyes began to burn a hole in the back of my head. I turned to see that empty seat filed, Derrick. I got up and slowly approached his seat. I stood next to him as he averted his attention to the board ahead. I didn't know why cuz the teacher wasn't here.

"Hey" I said grabbing his chin pulling it towards my direction

"Hey." he said in a hash tone looking down in the direction of my hand on his chin.

"Look, I don't know what Jayden told you but we are not best friends." I said as he gave me a duh look.

"What gave it away, the straddling or the buffet serving lips?" he said in a sarcastic tone.

"heha ummmm yeah I am sorry you found out that way. Jayden just wanted to see how people would react to me if I was singe." I said realizing how crazy that was.

"Oh, well I would be a gentleman and treat you right. I wouldn't treat such a beautiful girl wrong." he said picking my head up with his finger on my chin.

"That's nice but I am not single as a pringle, I am a puzzle with a matching piece. I also don't play that cheating shit." I said stepping back and looking him in the eyes.

"Good but you wanna hang later, I wanna talk to you." he said getting out of his seat

"Why cant you tell me now?" I said as the bell answered my question.

"Does that answer your question, any way see you later Izzy. Wear something nice,boo." he said the last part under his breath but I heard it anyway. My heart fluttered at the thought.

Me, Isabella, his girl, I has nice ring to it but Derrick isn't my type.

Skip to after school

"Hey babe." a husky voice said from behind me, as arms slithered around my waist.

"Hey, jayden " I said turning to link our lips.

"So how was my butterfly's day at school?" he said.

"Good I guess, Oh and I talked to Derrick, by the way I will be a little later for our date hun." I said closing my locker and leaning on it. Trapping me what both hand pressing on the lockers on either side of me. He slowly lowered himself and kissed me. He leaned back and smiled.

"Why, what does my butterfly have planned for today." he said.

"This butterfly has to fly by Derrick at the park and talk for a bit." I said with my arms around his neck looking up at him.

"Oh, alright, but why." He asked with suspicion.

"I actually don't know but He told me to meet him." I said as I saw Derrick walking in my direction. I gently pushed Jayden off

"Ok, well I see that I am not wanted." He said in a fake hurt voice.

"No I do need you babe but I just saw Derrick I wanna know what he wants to talk about." I said hugging his torso and looking over his shoulder at Derrick. Thoughts of Derrick reeked my brain.

"Babe you alright I let go like 10 minutes ago." Jayden said now standing in front of me.

"Yeah I gotta go." I said grabbing my bag off the ground and running after a now leaving Derrick.