Harry's POV: Ch. 38

➡Harry's POV:

It was us. We were the five lads that called the firefighters when we saw a huge fire. I guess fate decided that we should meet again.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. A huge fire. A man yelling, obviously drunk. A little girl screaming and crying. No one helping. Us five lads all alone. The only ones able to save the little girl and the drunk man.

Terrifying.

We had called the firefighters and got out of there. We didn't want media there. We just wanted those two people to be safe. And I can't be positive it was them, but my gut-feeling is true to what my mind thinks.

I blink a few times to get the horrifying noises out of my head. To dispel the scary images.

"Hazza?" Lily calls.

"Yeah kitten?" I ask.

"What's wrong?" She asks so innocently and sweet. So concerned about other instead of the fact she just came to terms with her old parents being dead.

"Nothing," I say with a smile.

She looks at me with a look that says she knows I'm lying. She's extremely smart for her age.

"Nothing," I repeat.

She glances at me on more time and hugs me tight. "It was you, wasn't it?" She asks and I break down.

Tears run down my cheeks as I hug Lily tight. "I love you so much," I choke out. I'm not even sure why I'm a sobbing mess. I guess it's because Lily is such a sweet girl and all this terrible, awful stuff had happened to her.

Everyone starts to cry and I think we all can agree we look like a bunch of idiots because there's not much to be sad about. The only one who really should be the saddest is Lily and she's here, passing out her sweet hugs to everyone. She's being the strong one while we cry.

I think a lot of what Lily said, about her past, triggered something in all of us. Even the four lads who don't really know Lily all that much.

I sniff and wipe my face. Lily leans against my legs and wipes her wet face on my skin-tight jeans. I laugh at her and sniff again. My voice is strangled from crying and I clear my throat. I pick Lily up and start to dance with her. She giggles and it brings everyone out of their misery. Her laugh is basically our sunshine. I smile and start to sing.

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey." I pause and smile at her. Everyone decides to join in and we harmonise the song, making it sound beautiful and angelic. Just like Lily.

Lily starts to cry and she squeezes me tighter than my skinny jeans. I smile again and let the happy tears this time flow down my cheeks. Wow, we're doing a lot of crying today.

"Guys, can we stop making our eyes sweat?" Louis speaks up, his voice also strained from crying.

Lily laughs her infectious laugh and is joined by Ashton and Niall which makes us all laugh.

Once we calm down I have the impression that we all may be slightly insane. I say this because we've been crying and laughing so much in the past, like, thirty minutes.

Then Louis takes Lily and screams like a mad man and I'm positive we're crazy. But a good kind of crazy.

We all laugh at Lou's loudness and randomness and follow him. "Where're you going?" I shout after him with a laugh.

"To my phone!" Is the loud response.

Poor Lily and her ears.

"Why?" Calum yells.