Chapter 11

Remy A. Taylor

August had done a good job of pissing me off so I took a break from him. I returned home and to school. Everything was almost back to normal.

I was running errands for my mom today. I don't know if our relationship was like any other mom and daughter, but we never apologized to each other. We just act like it never happened.

As I pushed the cart through the grocery store a man approached me.

"Wassup, gorgeous."

I looked around to confirm that he was indeed talking to me before making a face, "Hello

I looked around to confirm that he was indeed talking to me before making a face, "Hello."

I continued pushing the basket, attempting to move past him but he only followed me, "What's the hurry, ma? I'm tryna get to know you."

"Ain't got shit for you." I said, dropping a pack of ground beef in the cart.

"Material wise, I can have whatever I want. But you more than just a woman, a blind man could see that." He continued to flirt with me and I laughed at him.

"Is that right?"

He nodded eagerly, thinking he'd gained some type of leverage, "I just want ya companionship. Is that too much to ask for?"

I looked at him for a while, "I guess not. I'm Remy."

I held my hand out for him to shake and he took it, placing a kiss on my knuckles, "Miles."

August A. Alsina

"After that lil' shoot out shit at the party we had to lay low y'know but I still got my ways of getting information. The nigga we lookin' for is partners with this man who a doctor. One of the richest doctors in the city. I say we run down on him and see what he know. Get what we can out the house, too. Yall down?" Niko explained the plan to Sean and I, making me nod in understanding.

Sean started talking more around me after the shit at the party, "When we doin' this? What's the doctor name, any family? Gimme some details Nik, man."

Niko waved him off, "Of course I know allat. His name Reed Taylor. He got a wife and daughter so we just keep the wife and kid quiet while we interrogate tonight."

Aug didn't hurt nobody kids so the details wasn't important to me. I would beat the daddy ass and slap his wife if she got bad but a luh girl? They could have that shit.

I nodded once again before Laila waltzed in followed by her friends, making me groan loudly.

She sat her hot ass in my lap and I mugged her, attempting to shove her off but this hoe had some thunder thighs, "Can I fuckin' help you, for real man?"

"Don't be like that baby, I didn't mean to make your sister mad." She started kissin' on my face and I mushed her face back.

"She ain't my damn sister and you not my bitch so ya need to chillat with all this fuckin' with me in public. And kissing me, like you don't be eating dick, stop kissing me guh."