Chapter Four: What goes around, comes around. If only it had gone around first.

The Girl in the Boys' Dorms - Chapter Four: What goes around, comes around. If only it had gone around first.

He was sleeping.

Chase, the jerk, was sprawled on the couch, arms and legs spread apart, snoring like there was no tomorrow. And after I'd worked for an hour, cleaning the place from top to bottom, even going to the lengths of making his bed, he'd just waltzed in, flopped down on the sofa, turned on ESPN, and fallen asleep. I mean, it wasn't like I'd tidied up for him - to hell with Chase, I didn't care if he wanted to move out right his moment and go live in a garbage can - but I wouldn't mind getting a bit of appreciation from the oaf who had made the mess I'd had to pick up.

Knotting my arms tightly over my chest, I stalked to where he was lying, his mouth parted slightly, drool trickling from one side. Even in his sleep, he was annoyingly handsome. You'd think when he was passed out and drooling, that he'd be at least a little less attractive, but no, he was still as gorgeous as ever, just with his eyes closed. His blond hair was plastered with sweat from basketball practice, and he hadn't changed out of the sweat-drenched clothes he'd been wearing, but he was still as good-looking as he had been this morning.

Maybe it was anger that he hadn't said a word of thanks when he'd come back, or maybe it was just spite, but all I wanted to do was dump a bucket of ice cold water over his head. It would teach him a lesson. He couldn't just wander around like he owned everything, like the whole world would just kneel at his feet if he told it to. No, he wasn't a prince, and he wasn't going to act like one - at least, not when I was staying with him. What was I? His wife? Hell no, I wasn't going to pretend to be his maid or his caretaker.

So, retrieving the bucket that had been in the cupboard under our sink, I filled it to the brim with cold water from the shower. Heaving it into my arms, I walked back to where he was napping on the couch. I'd have to be very careful about this. I didn't want to just pour it over his face, because that could easily trigger him into leaping up and hitting whatever came in his way. I'd have to be inventive as to just how I'd soak him.

The best route seemed to be putting it on the arm of the sofa, so that when he moved, it would tip over on him. Smirking to myself, I set the bucket onto the red arm of the couch, stealthily taking a few steps back so that it wouldn't topple backward onto me. Once I was certain it was well-balanced, I dove out into the hallway.

After all, I didn't want to be there when Chase woke up and found himself in a pool of water. That, and I had some unfinished business to tend to.

Kathleen had informed me that Evan would return to his dorm room at six-thirty, after completing his afterschool tutoring session and attending his Spanish club meeting - I told you Kathleen was plugged into the goings-on at the school, she'd be able to tell you anything you needed to know. She wasn't sure which room he lived in, though, so finding that out would be my responsibility. I didn't think it'd be too difficult, though. All I'd have to do was corner another guy that belonged in the building, and ask him to direct me to Evan's dorm - no sweat.

Setting down the hallway, I decided to confront the next person I ran into. And whether it was a sudden stroke of luck or sheer coincidence, I bumped into someone within the next few seconds. He was tall and lean, with straw-colored hair and big, inquisitive brown eyes. Looking down at me, he cracked a tiny smile.

"You're Bailey, right? The one who stays with Chase?" He asked, his voice low and slow, like the chug of an engine. "I saw you the other day, when Chase was letting guys pay to get a look at you. That wasn't very nice of him." He concluded, offering me his hand. "I'm Pete."

"Hi, Pete," I muttered, my cheeks already flushing due to what he'd said about me. So he'd been one of the people who had flooded into the room to watch me like I was some sort of bizarre caged animal. I didn't want to talk to him for long - especially since he'd just openly admitted that he'd given Chase money to stare at me - but I needed his help. "Can you tell me where Evan's room is?" I questioned rather quickly, eager to get as far away from Pete as I could.