Chapter 4: Artemis

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"If you wanna play the silence game with me then I hope that you haven't planned anything for today! I have plenty of time!"

Psychologist trick #1: Create an awkward silence that will psychically force the patient to talk

After Artemis told Black Canary her point of view the older heroine had pretty much information to write down.

This ended finally into an almost endless time of silence since Artemis turned out to be not so cooperative like Kaldur was.

"How did you feel at that moment?"

Psychologist rule #1: Let the patient talk; collect information

"Which moment?", the archer started angrily, "The moment when this guy tried to kill himself or the moment another person did it for him?!"

"The first situation... When this man tried to..."

"...to what?!", Artemis interrupted her shouting, "To poison himself?! I can tell you how I felt!"

The young heroine took a deep breath to calm herself down and fell into silence again while they older one studied her personality.

After a minute of analyzing the girl in front of her Black Canary already knew how Artemis felt even before she responded to her question.

"You felt shaken up, helpless, maybe even a bit afraid, didn't you?"

That earned her a surprised glance by Artemis before she stared at the floor in shame.

"Even more after the man got shot..."

"I should've saved him. I should have done something, but I froze. I was scared..."

"You need to understand that you could have done nothing to save that man. Your arrows aren't as fast as a fired bullet and so aren't you. Bad things always happen. Some we cannot stop"

Artemis bit her lip. She bit it so hard it started to bleed a little bit.

"Damn it!", she cursed.

Black Canary handed her a tissue over and Artemis took it wiping away some blood with it.

"You are angry..."

"YES! I AM ANGRY! IM ANGRY AT THIS DEAD GUY, ANGRY AT HIS KILLER AND ANGRY AT WALLY! I SWEAR..."

"You aren't really angry at the man and probably not even at the killer. And I can't tell exactly for Wally, but I can tell that you are directing your inner anger mostly towards one person... Yourself"

With that everything made sense. This anger. This frustration. This everything!

Artemis just nodded both in understanding and in gratefulness before leaving the room as quickly as possible knowing that Black Canary wouldn't stop her now that she helped her.

———————————————

Artemis was angry. And I mean angry!

She was angry at everything.

"Stupid Wally, stupid Batman, stupid Ollie, stupid bad hair day, stupid EVERYTHING!", she screamed as she bumped into an Atlantean who just left the office with an expression that could tell that he was deep in his thoughts. 

"I'm very sorry Artemis", he mumbled before leaving the hall heading towards the living room.

"Hello, Artemis", Black Canary greeted happily before stepping aside, "Come in"