40 [Small Bump]

40 [Small Bump]
Description: This is based on the song, Small Bump by Ed Sheeran.
Author's Note: Get the tissues out this is an emotional one x

• • •

You're just a small bump unborn
In four months you're brought to life,
You might be left with my hair
But you'll have your mother's eyes...

You and your boyfriend Lewis walked into the Sidemen house, hand-in-hand. You were both smiling and nothing could ruin your happiness. "Why are you two so happy?" JJ asked, walking down the stairs.

"We need to tell you guys something. Is everyone here?" Lewis asked.

"Yeah," Vik replied, also coming down the stairs.

You followed Vik and JJ into the living room where the other five boys sat, along with the girl gang. The chatter stopped as everyone noticed that you and Lewis were here. "What's the news?" Freya beamed, excited to know why everyone had been called here.

Lewis sat down, pulling you onto his lap. "So you know how I've been feeling ill the past few months?" You asked everyone to which they nodded. "Well, Lewis and I went to the doctors today and it turns out that I'm four months pregnant."

"Four months?"

"Oh my god!"

"A baby?"

"This is so exciting!"

"Four months though? You look exactly the same!" Emily said, making everyone agree.

You got off Lewis' lap and turned to the side, lifting up your top. "Oh my god, there's a bump!" Talia smiled. The girls seemed more excited than the guys, which was expected.

"No one would've thought that Lewis would be the first dad of the group!" Ethan laughed.

Lewis hugged you, kissing your temple. "I love you, Y/N."

"Whipped," Simon coughed, causing everyone to laugh except Lewis who rolled his eyes.

• • •

"You ready for another scan?" Lewis asked you, holding your hands in the hospital car park.

"Yeah, I'm nervous though. I had a bleed this morning," you told Lewis. Ever since you woke up this morning and saw the blood, you've had a gut feeling that something is wrong.

"It'll be okay." Lewis kissed your temple, holding onto your hand as you walked into the hospital together.

"Y/F/N Y/L/N," you told the receptionist your name.

"Sit down over there, the doctor will be out shortly."

As you and Lewis sat down you played with your fingers, something you always did when you were nervous. "Babe, don't be nervous," Lewis told you.

The doctor called out your name and you walked into the room, laying on the bed. "Any problems with the pregnancy?" She asked.

"I had a bleed this morning..." you told her honestly. You grabbed Lewis' hand.

"If you want to lift your shirt up, we can check."

You lifted up your shirt and she applied the cold jelly-like substance onto your small bump. You looked at her desperately, wanting to know what was happening. "I'm sorry, but you've had a late miscarriage."

You sat there silently, not being able to say anything. "Do you know why?"

"It could be anything, so it's hard to put a finger on one thing." The doctor told you and Lewis. She handed you a leaflet on how to deal with it, smiling sadly.

• • •

It had been a couple of days after the news and you had barely said a word to Lewis. You were on your way to The Sidemen house after Lewis had persuaded you to get out of your bedroom for a bit. Lewis tried to put on a strong front, but you heard him crying when he thought you weren't listening - he was just as excited as you. It was hard for both of you and now you had to break it to your friends.

After Lewis had knocked on the door, Josh opened it, immediately feeling worried. He saw the bags under your eyes, bloodshot from crying and your hair was a mess. Lewis looked the same but you could tell he was hurting too. "What's happened?" Josh asked, immediately letting you two into the living room where Freya and Talia were talking. You didn't acknowledge them and they immediately knew something was up.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Freya asked.

"We had a miscarriage," Lewis said, causing you to break down in tears again. You grabbed his shirt and cried into it. Lewis' arms were wrapped around you comforting you.

You were glad that you had Lewis and great friends to help you get through this hard time. But you were still unaware as to why you lost your baby.

Cause you were just a small bump unborn
For four months then torn from life
Maybe you were needed up there
But we're still unaware as why...