Chapter 6

To idkkamila and vinylplanets for being my first readers and comments, you are very special to me!

Blake's POV

My palm was on fire! Without thinking, I had grabbed Ian's hand to lead him along a shortcut while we ran back to school, but that's not the best part! After I had let go of his hand he had told me 'Its okay that you held my hand.' I can't believe it! It's like one of my wildest dreams is coming true right before my eyes. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better he grabs my hand and leads me to class since Joel was chasing us. Now we're panting and laughing outside the classroom door.

"That was fun." He laughs, blushing as he let's go of my hand, much to my dismay.

"You could've held my hand longer." I mumble quietly.

"What?" He asks.

"I said yeah that was pretty fun."

"Oh." He replies, and I swear there's some disappointment in his voice.

We head into the classroom and take our seats, Ian wordlessly hands me my burger and takes his out too. I take a bite into my burger and instantly I'm in heaven.

"Mmm" I groan, "This is so good, you did pick a good meal." The perfect boy, with the perfect taste.

Ian smiles at me with his amazing teeth, his amber eyes sparkling, "I'm glad you like it, and don't worry about paying me back it's fine."

I bite my lip, "I feel bad though, you didn't need to pay for me."

"It was my treat," Ian smirks, "Besides I wanted to do something nice for you." He adds, quietly looking at the ground. I wonder why he wanted to do something nice for me. Probably best not to worry about it, don't want to get my hopes up over a boy I can't have.

"Okay, well next time it will be my turn to do something nice for you." I smile at him, and he smiles back. We both turn back to our burgers and eat, the burger was simple but amazing, it was seasoned perfectly and topped with bacon and a sauce that I couldn't identify. I had to hold back more moans and groans at the taste of the burger.

I bit my lip to hold back the sounds, "Can you stop doing that?" Ian asks.

"Doing what?" I say, confused. Was I doing something wrong or something to annoy him? That's the last thing I want to do, I don't really like to be a bother to anyone, especially if it was Ian.

"Biting your lip," Ian says, shifting uncomfortably in his seat, "I don't want you to bite down too hard and start bleeding." He adds. Now it was his turn to bite his lip, and he looked so sexy as he did so. His plump lips that I just want to put against mine so badly.

"I'll stop if you stop, dummy." I laugh, "Don't be a hypocrite."

Ian laughs too, a pure, rich and beautiful sound, "Sorry." A blush slowly appearing on his face.

"It's okay." I smile, a blush coming onto my face too.

*~*

"Okay class, we're going to do a partnered project, this project will have to be done completely outside of school." Mrs.Johnson announces, "Additionally, you are going to have to work with your table partner and there will be no sympathy for those who turn in projects late. You will have a week to complete this project so I suggest you work on it every day after school and please don't try to finish it in one night, you will fail if you do." So I get to spend time with Ian out of school! As much as that excites me it's equally scary, what if I annoy him or he doesn't want to work with me outside of class.

Mrs.Johnson walks around the room passing out the papers, she hands Ian and I our paper and moves on to the next group, "You will be designing a building, it must have a minimum volume of 3000 cubic feet and you will build a scale model of it out of popsicle sticks to bring and present to the class. You have a rough draft that you must turn in with the final blueprints, make sure to label all supports and make it realistic." Mrs,Johnson continues.

"Hey, now we can hangout outside of school." Ian beams at me.

"Yeah, do you want to come over after school today so we can get started?" I ask nervously.

Ian nods, "Yeah..." He pauses and averts his gaze as if he's nervous, "Do you want to give me your number so I can text you some project ideas?" Ian asks quietly.

Today is officially the Best. Day. Ever. First we kinda sorta hold hands and now he wants my number! I'm sure most of this was by chance but that doesn't mean I'm not ecstatic, "Sure, my number is ***-***-****."

Ian takes out his phone and puts my number in, "Okay got it." Happiness clear in his voice. He types on his phone for a second before looking back at me.

My phone buzzes

From:Unknown Number

Hey.
Sent 12:49

I save his number and text him back.

To: Ian(cutieeeee)

Hey yourself ;)... jk
Sent 12:51

I totally meant what I said in that text but he can't know that, obviously. Although, I am curious as to why he was nervous asking for my phone number, but it's probably best not to dwell on it.

"My mom said it's fine if I come over after school just so you know." Ian tells me.

"Great, I'll text you where to meet me later." I respond.

We continue to discuss the project for the remainder of class sharing basic ideas so we can have something to go off of later today. I don't know if I'll be able to get any work done tonight though, it'll probably be really hard because I'll have to spend time with Mr.Hottie that's right next to me, but I'll make sure to try hard.

*~*

Geometry passed by smoothly. Now I'm in 8th period Human Geography with Jayson.

"You wanna come over after school?" Jayson asks, "We can watch Batman." Now as much as I like Batman there's something, no, someone that I like more and I get to hangout with him.

I shake my head, "Sorry, I can't. I invited Ian over to work on a project for Geometry."

Jayson sighs, "I introduced you to him and now you're trying to replace me with him."

"It's not like that I promise." I chuckle. Even if I do start hanging out with Ian more, I'd never replace Jayson. He's like my brother and I can't imagine living without him.

"I trust you," Jayson says, "Now let's finish get this work done." And we do just that until the final bell rings signaling time for me to go home with Ian.

Sorry if the end of this chapter is a little weird and that the chapter is short, the next chapter is gonna be a long one so don't worry! Also this (*~*) means there's been a time skip.

It's hard to write out their ignorance to each other's affections sometimes, it kinda reminds me of me and my boyfriend, but it's also really cute! Anyway see you in the next update!