dix

Renjun came to a slow stop right before the door of principle's office, so that he wasn't visible through the window in the door. He bent down and peeked through it, and saw his mother sitting in a chair, her back straight, and her stature rigid as she bore holes into the principle's eyes.

Renjun turned and slid down the door as a tear slipped out of his eye. There was no doubt now that his mother knew about his long-hidden sexuality now. She would otherwise be chatting up a storm with the principle, trying to win him over and get herself into his good books or something.

Renjun flinched as his mother spoke in a clipped voice louder than necessary, as he could hear it loud and clear through the closed door, "Shouldn't he be here by now?"

Right, thought Renjun, he should be. So he pulled his jumper crawled sideways, stood up, and knocked on the door. The principle cleared his throat, and opened his mouth. "Come in."

Gathering threads of courage, he opened the door and was immediately met with the sharpest glare his mother had ever sent him. Her eyes were like daggers of pure hatred and disgust, stuck into his soft soul and cutting through him like a hot knife through butter. Renjun stood his ground under his mother's glare, and turned to the principle with an emotionless face. "Good afternoon, Mr Do."

Mr Do nodded by way of greeting, and gestured to the empty chair next to Renjun's mother. Renjun made his way over to the chair cautiously, but as casually as possible, keeping an eye on his mother. He sat down and his mother shifted slightly in her seat. The principle didn't notice, of course.

Renjun cleared his throat to break the awkward silence that has enveloped them, and apparently broke the principle out of a trance. "So! Ms Ming, what brings you here? You asked to see me before you picked him up to go home so I think you wanted to discuss something with me... while he is present?"

"Yes, actually. I will be taking him home in the middle of the day, but I also wanted to inform you this was his last day here. You see, I found a better school for his personal interests and I wish for him to attend there starting next Monday."

Renjun sunk slightly in his seat. Oh. So I was right. She pulls me out of here first thing and does god knows what with me since I don't attend anymore. At least I knew it was my last day here, and kept calm when I found out. That much I have to be grateful for. On the other hand, I feel like crying.

Renjun stayed in a slumped position in his seat, playing the events of the day and days beforehand over in his mind, while his mother made arrangements and discussed things with the principle. So many things he could have done, such little time...

His mother stood up abruptly and Renjun looked at her in dimmed shock. "Let's go, Renjun." Renjun furrowed his eyebrows slightly, "What about my bag? And my locker?"  She shot him a look that said shut up, but replied in a monotonous tone, "I'll send someone to get them sorted later. For now, let's go home."

The principle looked at him with a small smile, "Enjoy your new school, Renjun. We'll miss you!" Renjun sent him a pained smile, but before he could say anything, his mother had already started walking towards the door, so Renjun just waved and scurried after her.

The second they had got into the car, his mother in the driver's seat and Renjun sat at the back, she twisted around and held out her hand. "Right, phone. Now. Don't make me ask twice." Renjun tried to play dumb, and replied "It's in my bag, should I go-" "Don't try to fool me. I know you teenagers are always carrying your phones with you, so hand it the fuck over."

Renjun took it out of his pocket, and placed it in the open palm of his mother with a shaking hand. He watched in pent up misery as his only connection to anyone outside his hateful house was cut off from him as his mother switched it off.

=

They reached home within ten minutes, and when Renjun stepped out of the car, his mother  grabbed his wrist and practically dragged him to their house. Renjun flinched as his mother's blood coloured nails dug into his small wrist. They passed the living room, where Daiyu was watching some show on Netflix and eating various junk food, but she looked up and smirked at Renjun. He felt a burst of hatred, but then she passed from his sight and he was being dragged up the stairs.

He was thrown into his bedroom. Rubbing his sore wrist, he looked up at his mother who was peering at him through a crack in the door, and she scoffed at him. "That's just how your father looked at me when he revealed his own disgusting side. You two look so alike. Really, the saying "Like father like son" comes into play here. You're both faggots."

Then she slammed the door, and Renjun heard a key being inserted into the lock. Then a click, and his mother's heels could be heard clipping away from the bedroom like the hooves of a horse.

Then Renjun allowed himself to break down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

renjun's pov will be continued in the next chap boos. questions y'all might have will be answered then I think. haven't written it all yet wHooPs