(97) - a new friend

_____________

"Holy moly.", baby Meredith protested and closed her little ears with the palms of her hands.
"What's wrong baby?", Harry sat down on the couch, next to her and placed the little girl on his lap.
"Finn won't stop barking, daddy!", she exclaimed and once again he was heard rumbling in the whole house.

"Good morning guys.", Olivia came down the stairs, with baby Alex in her arms, who looked with his bright eyes at the howling dog in the garden, from their huge window.

"Mornin'.", Harry wished and placed the little girl on the couch, standing up to kiss Olivia on the lips and the baby in her arms on the cheek.
"Look who woke up.", he said in a baby voice and Alex chuckled.

"Good morning!", Harry looked down, letting the small hand of Alex's fall down on his mummy's forearm, and picked baby Meredith up, who craved  for attention from both of her parents.
"Good morning baby.", Olivia kissed her soft cheek, smiling.
"Buon giorno, Alex.", she wished her baby brother and kissed his soft and pink lips.
The brother too, wanted to kiss her, so he pushed himself closer to her and placed his lips on her cheek.

Finn howled again.
"Did you fill his bowl, princess?", Olivia asked baby Meredith.
"Twice.", she barely responded and closed her little ears with her hands.

"He needs a friend.", Harry blurted and was given a wide eyed look from both of the women of the house.
Alex looked at them and practised the look they pulled on their faces.
So that made them three, wide eyed looks given to Harry.

Olivia knew what she was going to be asked.
"Let's go eat!", she exclaimed and with baby Alex between her arms, she jogged towards the kitchen to put him in his own chair.

Harry and baby Meredith looked at each other and big smiles started to get painted on their lips.
"Mummy!"
"Olivia!", they both yelled her name, and when Harry put baby Meredith on the floor, they ran in the kitchen squealing.

"We want a dog.", they looked at her and Olivia looked at Alex, trying to find some help from his confused face.

"He can't talk, yet.", Meredith said and smiled innocently.
"The eggs are burning.", Harry repeated Meredith's innocent gesture.
"Ma - ma.", Alex muttered.

"Yeah, I know my food's burnin-", she stopped and looked at the baby in front of her.
"Did you just?", Olivia squealed and picked baby Alex up and threw him slightly into the air, kissing his cheeks repeatedly.

"So?", Meredith said a little louder, over Olivia's squeal.
"Yes, yes and yes! Go and get hundreds of dogs!", she exclaimed and kissed Alex all over again.

In the entrance of the kitchen, Harry and baby Meredith bumped their fists together in victory.
"I told you dad. You'll get everything with a little practice.", she winked and they exited their house.
"Yeah yeah.", they walked through their garden and opened the little gate, that separated the street from it.

Baby Meredith extended her hand and looked at Harry.
"You owe me something, daddy.", she looked at him and Harry stopped himself from opening the car's door.
Harry rolled his green eyes and took out from his pocket twenty pounds.

"Thank you.", she smiled and Harry helped her get in the car.

_____________

"Who's my big boy now? Hmm. Yes, it's you baby.", Olivia had baby Alex in her arms once again, and fed him while playing with his little hands.

"Ma - ma.", he stopped eating and Olivia put her bra back on.
"Ye - s.", she playfully said and baby Alex started jumping lightly on the couch, while holding his mummy's hands.

"Helloooo.", they heard their door open.
Putting Alex on his feet, Olivia held his tiny hands to make him walk.
He started taking slow and small steps and suddenly he started going two steps faster and one slow again.
"Pa - pa.", Harry appeared in their living room, and Olivia sat down on the floor, while holding baby Alex's hands in the air.

"Hello beautiful.", he went closer to his family and picked baby Alex up, kissing him on his soft cheek.
"I thought you were saying that to me.", she rolled her eyes and stood up.
"Are you crazy? He's beautiful.", he rolled his eyes and earned a slap on the shoulder from his wife.

"I'm kidding.", Harry kissed Olivia's cheek.
"Where's Meredith?", she let her head fall on his shoulder.
"She's feeding the dogs.", he said simply.
"Why did you say it in plural?", she looked at him.
"You told us to get hundreds of dogs, so...-", Olivia ran towards the garden without giving Harry the chance to finish.

"Let's go buddy.", he also went with Alex in the garden.
A new dog waited for them.

Olivia slapped her forehead with the palm of her hand.
"I-I was joking."
"We adopted one dog, you should be glad. "

But, it was worth it in a way, all the dirt that there was going to be around.
It was worth it, because they saw baby Meredith's own little family happy.

Let's say, welcome little Sky.

"Bau - bau."
"Exactly baby Alex."

_____________

Thank you for reading today's chapter!
Your opinion is very important to me, therefore it would be very nice if you comment your favourite part of the chapter and leave a little star.

Stay safe.

I love you,
— belle. xx

. . .

Written the 18th and 19th of July 2018.
Published the 20th of July 2018.