A New Neighbor

Chapter 1

Peyton's POV

"Peyton come quick we have new neighbors and let me be the first to say that their son is a huge hunky punky." my little sister Lisa squealed from my bedroom door bouncing up and down on her tip toes.

I'm not interested in the "hunky punky" new neighbor my sister claims we have. No boy will ever fall for me in the first place. I'm a dork.

I've never been in a relationship. I'm sixteen and I haven't even had my first kiss yet. My little sister on the other hand has been in quite a few relationships and has been kissed and a lot of times she does her make out session in front of the rest of us. Unless my older brother Steven is here then she doesn't bring anybody over.

He is extremely protective over both of us. Right now he is at college, but I wish he was home. Him and I always got along better then Lisa and I.

"Peyton come on!" she screamed for me to come along. I really didn't want to but if I didn't, it just meant that she would come up and continue to bother me. So I decided I would go down but I would make an excuse to the park instead of listening to her go on and on about the new neighbor.

I grabbed one of my favorite books and headed down stairs. I slipped on my black converse that matched the black jeans and red wife beater and black beanie I was wearing.

I know guys normally wear wife beaters but I don't really wear the girlie clothes.

I do wear makeup but just a little eyeliner and mascara and eyeshadow to make my hazel eyes pop.

I walked out the front door to my mother Anne, father Jensen and Lisa sitting on the front porch.

"Peyton did you finally come out to see the cutie pie that now lives next door?" she practically screamed at me.

"Jeez Lisa shout to the world that our new neighbor is cute why don't you! Let him know your talking about him and no I'm not! I came out here so I can leave the house and walk down to the park." I told her. She glared at me but realized she was being loud and blushed and looked back at the neighbors.

"Have fun sweetie." my mom said. I waved off and began to walk down the driveway to the sidewalk. I glanced over and saw the neighbors son.

Lisa was correct he is cute, but it doesn't matter.

I turned around to see my family still staring at the neighbors.

"Hey! My dear family of mine! Instead of staring at the new neighbors unloading the big truck why don't you help!" I shouted towards them. They tripped over them selves and hurried down the porch steps over to help the neighbors.

I chuckled silently and turned back around and walked straight.

"I guess you don't want to help?" a guys voice said behind me. I swiftly turned around and saw the cute neighbors kid looking at me and walking behind me.

I smiled a little but quickly gathered myself and said "No, it's not that. It's just I have plans. I'm going to the park to read."

"You need to go to the park to read?" he gave me that questioning look with a raised eye brow.

"I don't need to but I want to. It's much more peaceful there." I said slowly turning around and started walking. He quickly caught up to me and walked next to me. "So you are going to go to a children screaming filled park to read a book because it's more peaceful there instead of on the porch? Yea that makes total sense." he chuckled.

I almost blushed but I kept collected. "It's different for everyone" I said.

"If you say so worm" he softly patted me on the back.

"My name isn't worm. It's Peyton." I hated that he called me worm. "Sorry worm, I mean Peyton. I'm Liam. Liam Parker." he held out his hand for me to take.

I kept my head down. "I'm Peyton Carson now please excuse me." I turned to walk away without even shaking his hand.

Thankfully he didn't follow me .

I got to the park and found a bench and sat down and opened my book.

I pulled my iPhone out and set it next to me on the table.

I was half way through chapter one when my phone started ringing with a random number. I picked it up and slid my thumb across the screen to answer the incoming call.

"Hello?" I said.

"What's up worm. Just calling to make sure you save my number" Liam laughed on the other side of the call.

"Can you stop calling me worm?! How did you get my number?" I asked him.

"Oh you know. Your little sister gave it to me." I am going to kill Lisa later.

"Okay well get rid of it please I barely know you." I told him.

"We can change that?" he seductively said through the phone.

I scoffed and hung up.

I saved his number in my phone but put him down as Jerk with a big head and then set it down next to me again as I went back to reading my book.

I got a text message and picked my phone up again. I slid my thumb over the screen and went to the messages.

уσυ киσω ι ωαѕ ʝυѕт кι∂∂ιиg яιgнт?

~ʝєяк ωιтн α вιg нєα∂

I quickly texted back.

ωнαтєνєя ιм тяуιиg тσ яєα∂ нєяє

~ρєутσи

Not a minute later he texted back

σкαу ωσям, тєχт уσυ ℓαтєя

~ʝєяк ωιтн α вιg нєα∂

I didn't bother to text back. It took me a second to think why he texted back fast but then I realized the messages were blue so he has an iPhone also.

Isn't he just...fancy.

"I'm so fancy, you already know. I'm in the fast lane, from L.A to Tokyo" I started singing the song Fancy by Iggy.

(P.S Fancy just played on Pandora right after I wrote the last sentence. What a kawinkadink)

"Nice voice sis" I turned to see Lisa standing behind me.

"Ugh what do you want and why are giving strangers my number?" I shouted at her.

"Woah. I am here to tell you mom wants you home. I gave him your number because he said he wanted it." She gave me her famous not so innocent smile.

"Oh so if a burglar or murderer wanted my number, you would give it to them? Okay well that makes me feel safe" I said sarcastically.

"Whatever I'll be right there" I told her and stood up from the table and put my phone in my pocket and placed the book mark in my place in the book and began to walk home.