T h i r t y T w o

"Hello, Alex." Jakande smirked. "I believe you have something that belongs to me."

"Cue evil cackle." She muttered, slipping a pocket knife out of her pants pocket. "Sorry, sweetie. Don't have it on me."

"Too bad." He took a step into the room. A Bowie knife was pulled from a holster on his belt. "I guess I'll have to cut its location out of you."

Alex winced at the size of the knife. It could cut her small pocket knife in half. The two seemed to dance, watching the other carefully and debating strategic moves.

Jakande was the first to lunge. He jabbed for her torso. Alex dodged the hit and swung her arm around to catch him in the bicep.

"Ha!" She grinned, seeing blood seep from the wound nearly instantly.

Jakande growled and kicked her hand, dislodging the knife from her grip. He kicked again for her torso. The force of the hit made her stumble back into a dresser. He began to advance on her, his knife held as if he was ready to cut her into a billion pieces. Her fingers latched on to something on top of the dresser and she brought the object around to hit Jakande's shoulder. It was a baton.

The baton didn't do the damage she wanted it to. It only stopped him for a second before he stabbed for her stomach. She dodged it, spinning around to protect her sensitive torso, and ended up cutting her forearm on his knife. However, he moved quick enough to lodge the blade in her back.

The door bursted open, breaking off its hinges when Jade and Charlie came tumbling through. Alex held on to the dresser for support but her knees began to shake.

"So nice of you to join us, Charlie, darling." Jakande turned his attention away from Alex for a moment. The Red Dahlia knew he'd do anything to hurt her, including causing Charlie harm. She didn't have a weapon but she would need one to protect Charlie.

Alex pushed herself to her feet and hit her elbow as hard as she could against the mirror. It cracked and spidered out. The sound caused Jakande to turn back to face her. One more hit against the mirror broke pieces off. Alex picked a piece of glass up and lunged at him.

Jakande dodged it and tried to move back. Charlie managed to get free for a heartbeat to push Jakande towards Alex. The mirror shard lodged into his chest just below his collarbone.

Alex let the glass go and stepped back. He put his hand around the glass and started to pull it out so Alex made a run for it to get passed him. She made it to Charlie, who was a little beat up, and grabbed her arm. However, the thief found herself being pulled back and thrown into the little table in the room.

"Sloane!" Charlie yelled. She tried to get to her ex but Jakande held his knife up to her in a threatening manor.

"Keep her quiet, Jade." Jakande ordered.

Alex didn't get a chance to catch her breath or recover. Jakande took ahold of one of her arms and pulled her up to his level.

"I'm growing tired of your shit, girl." He spat, holding her against him as he used one blood covered hand to open the bathroom.

Alex panicked. She was going to die. He would easily kill her in the tiny bathroom.

She flailed in his arms, effectively getting loose, and summoned as much strength as she could to push him into the sink. Her hand found the back of his head and she slammed his face against the glass mirror.

He cried out at the pain of his face being cut up. Again, Alex tried to leave but he pushed her into the door and managed to stab her once more in the back.