Untitled 15

Harlem

"Be careful Mase, if you fall I just might laugh".

Locking up the house I glanced back to see mason frowning while holding on to the rail. "That wouldn't be nice".

Chuckling I picked him up making my way towards my car. "I know kid".

Making sure that he was securely buckled in I too got in furiously rubbing my hands together. "Shit it's cold".

"Ooo you said a swear word you owe the swear jar money". Starting the car up I shook my head forgetting about the "swear jar". Ramona had came up with this corny ass idea that when somebody cuss around Mason they put money into a jar. She figured that it'll prevent people from using foul language around him since she don't want him to pick up on the words and use them himself.

So far his little ass collected at least a hundred dollars from me and it just started two days ago.

Digging into my pocket I pulled out a five dollar bill handing it over to him before pulling out the driveway.

"What are you going to do with the money?".

Looking at him through the mirror I watched him shrug while fiddling with the seatbelt.

Nine times out of ten Ramona is going to find something to do with it since it was her idea.

"You ready for today?".

Smiling brightly he nodded quickly, "Yes!".

Chuckling I nodded a bit, "Now remember you can't tell Ramona what we're doing, if she ask what are you going to say?".

"That we hung out with Wayne". He responded which made me nod.

"Good".

Today we were going to make one of Ramona's gift. I had been getting her gifts ready for Christmas and today would be the last one. When I say this have been a hard process, man!

Who would of though holidays would be so stressful. I'm so use to just giving money and calling it a day but I wanted to make this a special day for her as well. I mean she went all out for Mason and I just by getting the tree and well I feel like she deserve it.

====

"Welcome to Arts and Things how can I assist you today?" A elderly woman greeted us with a warm smile.

"How you doing I had called earlier about the customized picture frame".

"Oh yes follow me".

Following her to the back of the shop we entered a room filled with different people doing different things.

"So you're going to pick out the picture frame over there, be sure to size it with your photo. Next you're going to bring it to your table and decorate it how ever you like. Once you're done you'll leave it here to dry and you'll be good to go".

"Okay cool thanks".

Nodding her head she gave off another smile before walking away.

"Alright Mase lets go pick out a frame for our picture".

Walking over to the area with the picture frames I rubbed my beard trying to pick the right one.

"This one is cool". He pointed to a white heart shaped frame.

Getting the frame for him I led him back to the table.

"Remember not to get paint on your clothes". I reminded him as I took his coat off making sure to roll up his sleeves.