We've All Come A Long Way

Chris' POV

July 19th

9 AM

Thunder shook the house again, and lightning lit up the room through the windows. There hadn't been any sign of the sun all morning, just the doom and gloom from last night's storm that has carried through to this morning.

I don't know what was louder last night, Bella and Tyler fucking or the thunder. It was a pretty close call.

While I was glad to hear that Bella was having a good time (to say the very least) I couldn't help but feel this twinge of...something between jealousy and sadness. It wasn't just jealousy because I had no ill will towards either of them, obviously, but I just wished that I could have been the one making Bella feel that way.

I knew it was my fault though, I was still paying for how we handled her and everything else the first, well, almost 2 years she was here.

A pair of footsteps coming down the hall distracted me from those thoughts.

"Well, hello!" I greeted them.

"Shhhhh, she's still out." Tyler whispered harshly.

I looked closer at the sleeping little Bella in his hands and now that they were closer to me I saw that she was indeed asleep.

"My bad." I apologized.

"Do you mind taking her?" He asked.

"I'd never say no to that." I said, extending my arms out to lift her out of Tyler's arms and into my own.

I cradled her in my arms and held her tight against me.

My eyes wandered up and down her body, which was only hidden by an oversized t-shirt of Tyler's and a pair of underwear.

There were only a couple of visible marks that I was able to see on her. On the inside of her thighs were bruises of Tyler's hand, one per each thigh. Hickeys trailed from behind her ear down to her collarbone, and there were even some bruises from his fingers that wrapped around each hip.

"Things got a little hotter and heavier than I expected." Tyler informed me, sitting down on the opposite side of the couch.

"As long as she had a good time and is alright, that's all that matters." I said, giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"You're right." He sighed.

"Well, in case you couldn't tell by the ringing silence, everyone else is still in the other building. They didn't want to deal with this downpour." I told him.

"Ah, that's why it's so quiet." Tyler laughed.