NINETEEN

"You can stay here as long as you like, Effie," Nicky took Lily off our hands, and although he's the female parental between him and Wayne, he still has his manly strength. "Wayne, honey, can you get Lily? I'm going to take Effie to the pool house."

Wayne came from the kitchen, wearing a tank top showing off his biceps bigger than Logan's, and lifted Lily off as if she weight like a pillow carrying her like a princess.

"Okay, so, who's this young fella?" He had his eyes landed on Clark.

"He's a friend of mine. This is Clark Mason."

"Cute," he grinned, scanning his eyes up and down on Clark as if he was checking out something. "Anyways, come along."

Nicky led us out in the back and opened the pool house door. The first thing I did was open my mouth and widen my eyes.

"You have everything you need in here. This was my studio, but Wayne cleaned the basement with a much bigger space. The bathroom is over there, a small mini fridge over here, a tv, and here are the keys. Anything else, let me know, okay?"

"Thanks, Aunt Nicky," I smiled wryly.

"Okay," he walked out of the pool house. I placed my bag on the bed and sat next to it.

I sighed.

"Nice place to live alone," Clark commented, looking around.

"Yeah, but it sucks living next to the house," I joked but kept it bored.

"Hey, about you and Logan-"

I stopped him with my hand before he could apologize. "Don't say it. I invited you, and he had no right to discriminate because of past events. Logan was an ass."

"Are you okay staying over here instead of at home I sense that you are running away from the problem," he said as an assumption?

"I just need to get out of the house," I laid back on the bed with a loud sighing. "First, my parent's death. I stayed at that house and what happened with Logan tonight was at the same house, and the funny thing is it was on my birthday."

Clark took the chair next to the door. "I know it's been hard on you to experience such events, but I'm curious to know why you ask about his first love?"

I turn my head to him with an arched brow. "I thought you knew?"

"I don't."

"Then why did you threaten him about his secret?"

"Oh, that secret." He leans forward. "I just said that to make him pissed."

"So," pursuing my lips gave it a thought for a second, "he didn't do anything back in his old school?"

"Yeah, as I said, just to piss him off."

I lean back to grab a small pillow off the bed and throw it at Clark's face. "Are you out of your mind?! He could have killed you."

"I'm sorry," he apologizes with a grin as if it was a funny prank. "But Heather just told me to do it."

I groaned, grabbed another pillow, and planted it over my face as I did.

"Look, I didn't know my cousin would know about Logan's lover in the past, but I know she is completely and utterly obsessed with him."

"He came to our school not too long ago," removing the pillow to breathe. "How can she be already obsessed with a guy she just met?"

"That's...another thing."

I rose back up, looking at Clark with a deadpan face. "Please don't tell me they met somewhere."