Chapter 9

I just want to take a moment to appreciate my readers💕 a big thank you to all whom have voted and commented and added my story to your libraries. I really appreciate it. Thank you guys for all the reads, it is comforting to know that my story is worthy of being read. So thank you all😘❤
**************************************
June 16

Today I am going to Italy with Adriano and Leandro. It was a tough decision to make but in the end its all for me and my happiness.

I can't handle how things turned out and maybe a fresh start in Italy will be good for me.

I stood before half my brothers and Alexander. Xavier was a no show. I know we have problems but a simple goodbye will be sufficient. Its not like I am asking him to get back together with me but just to see me leave.

It didn't matter if he didn't say goodbye but at least if he showed up would have meant something to me. It would have said that he at least loved me enough to tell me goodbye but that was not the case.

I sighed, giving up on the hope that he will come.

I looked at Rinaldo, Ricardo and Alexander. They had an unreadable expression on their faces. They had their eyes down not daring to look at me.

"Aldo?" I called out to him, tears welling up my eyes.

He looked up at me and I broke. His eyes were so full of emotion, the impact of my decision on him clear on his face. He was hurt that I was leaving.

"Goodbye Aldo." I said and hugged him, a few tears escaping my eyes.

His big, strong arms wrapped around me and I felt safe. "I am going to miss you." I said softly and he nodded.

"I am going to miss you too Adri." His voice was deep and full of emotion.

I did the same with Ricardo but when I came to Alexander.

"Don't tell me goodbye." He said and that me hurt alot. I was going to walk away before he spoke up again.

"It feels like I am not going to see you again." He smiled and I smiled back.

"See you soon Dexter." I smiled and he chuckled.

"See you soon Adri." He said and hugged me.

"The stairs." He whispered in my ear as we hugged.

My gaze travelled to the stairs and I caught a glimpse of his hair as he walked away.

He was here the whole time...

I was sort of happy but heartbroken at the same time.

All I wanted to do was to run to him and kiss him, forgetting all that has happened in these past few months.

But...I couldn't.

I had to forget him and begin my life afresh without him in it.

I took in a deep breath and walked back to where I stood. Beside Adriano and Leandro.

"Are you ready to go?" Leandro asked me with a smile.

I took one last glance around the penthouse,my gaze lingering in the spot where he just stood.

I sighed."Yes."

And with that we left.

🖤🖤🖤🖤

It has been a month since I moved to Italy and to say that it was the best was an overstatement.

It turns out, I missed Xavier even more. I thought about him everyday and it drove me insane. The only reason I moved to Italy was to forget him and start my life over again but clearly that was not what fate had in mind for me.