Chapter 1

Leigha's POV

I sit on the plane with my five-year old little sister, Daisy, sitting in my lap, asleep. I twirl the engagement ring on my finger and think about Troy. I've known him practically my whole life. He moved away almost a year ago and he hasn't been able to talk much. His parents are very controlling and overbearing. We write to each other all the time but now I'm moving to the same city as him. That's my first goal for once we make it to the house: Find Troy.

"Please fasten your seat belts as we prepare for landing."

"Move Dais back to her seat, Leigha," my mother says as I gently wake her up.

"You've got to sit in your own chair, Daisy," I tell her buckling up the seat belt.

"When we get to our new house, I have to go straight to work after that," Mother announces.

"Okay. I'm gunna go look around and find my school if that's cool."

"Daisy and I will be fine," Father grins from in front of me.

"Cool," I smile as we land. I hate airports with a burning passion. They're loud and obnoxious and people really gotta stop dressing up so much unless you're going on a business trip. I carry Daisy on my back and we go to the parking lot looking for our car.

"There it is. And we're off on a new leg on our adventure," Father smiles.

"Do you think Troy will go to the same school?"

"I'm not sure. It's be nice if he did," Mother says calmly.

"Look. I know that you don't like the fact that we haven't actually talked in a year, but we love each other. He's a good guy," I protest.

"People change," comes the unsatisfying answer from Father.

"Not that much."

"We're not talking about this anymore, Leghia," Mother says firmly.

"Okay," I grump and sit back in the seat. I stare out the window and watch the highway rush by.

"Here it is. Home sweet home," Father pulls into the garage.

"I'll see you guys later!" Mother says backing out after we unloaded out suitcases.

"I'll be back in a bit," I say grabbing my purse and phone.

"Be back before dark, Leigha. Be careful!" Father calls out.

"Sure!"

I walk back into the city and see my school. I remember it's location and decide to head to the nearest mall. I walk in and see a frozen yogurt place. I walk in an order a plain yogurt. I turn around and almost run into a guy.

"Oh I'm sorry."

"It's cool. I haven't seen you around here. I'm Orion," he holds out his hand I shake it.

"I'm Leigha. I just moved here."

"That's cool. Here, I'll introduce you to some of my friends."

"Okay." He leads me over to a table and I see a couple girls laughing.

"Heh guys. This is Leigha. She's new here. Leigha, this is Emma. And that's Gia."

"Hi. Nice to meet you both." I smile.

"Same. Come join us!" Emma gestures to an empty chair.

"So where did you move from?"

"Monalua. It's an island several hours away," I say taking a bite of my yogurt.