stop -peter parker

Your POV

   I walked down the halls, alone as usual. I had started my new school in Queens about a month ago and I still haven't managed to make any friends. Sucked, but life goes on.

   The smells of various chemicals hit my face like a train as I walked into chemistry. I hated chemistry, and not only because I was terrible at it, just because I didn't see it as a necessity to my life. Did I really need to know the periodic table if I was going to be a journalist?

    The infamous Peter Parker came in, along side his best friend, Ned. Peter was different, a good different. I admired his work in this class, wishing I was as smart as him. Even though I see him sometimes mixing his own thing and sharing whispers to Ned about it, he still was a genius in this class and practically knew everything.

    About half way into the class, we split up for parter labs. I worked with some kid next to me, which I didn't mind because he offered to do most of the work. I snuck glances over at Peter, sometimes making eye contact with him, causing me to blush a bit and turn away. The teacher said to be cautious of our labs while she ran to the bathroom. As she left, I saw the familiar face of Flash walking towards Peter's table.

   "Penis Parker! What's up man?" Flash mocked at him. He went on, continuing to call him the most childish nickname ever. After a bit, I started to get annoyed.

    "Stop calling him that!" I yelled. The room got quiet because of my voice.

     "You're telling me what to do, new girl?" Flash snickered. Peter stuttered in protest but couldn't get any words out.

     "You are the only person who thinks that nickname is remotely funny. Grow the fuck up." I stated back at him. He scoffed in defeat and walked back to his seat, just in time for the teacher to come back into the room. I went back to work, proud of myself for putting him down like that.

     And in the corner of my eye, I could see Peter starring at me from across the room.

--

    I walked out of my finale class and to my locker, getting looks from everyone around me. Word of my actions spread like wildfire and I was getting talked to all day. It was a nice change, but I didn't want me standing up to Flash to be the only reason I was making friends.

      I closed my locker and was met by the face of Peter Parker. I nearly jumped out of my skin, not expecting him to be there.

      "Jesus, you scarred me."I laughed and held a hand to my chest.

       "I-I just wanted to uh.. thank you for earlier. No one's ever stood up for me like that."  He stuttered and rubbed the back of his neck.

    "I see him call you that everyday, it's not cool. Someone needed to put him in his place." I laughed a bit and leaned against my locker. I took a quick look at Peter's eyes, they were the prettiest shade of brown.

      He laughed with me and looked down at his feet. "Well, um, since I have you hear.. W-would you like to go out sometime? I mean you don't have to but I've seen you around like all the time and I think you're really pretty and it'd be really nice to get to know you and I-"

     I cut him off by kissing him on his cheek. His face turned a bright red and he looked down, trying to hide it. "I'd love to go out with you."

    And with that, we exchanged numbers and walked out of school together. We only lived a block away from each other so he asked if it was okay to walk me home. Of course I said yes.

    "Hey, so have you heard of that Spider-Man guy?"