Night At The Amusement Park

As you walked through the entrance, Michael smiled and grabbed you hand. Your eyes widened in excitement as you took in your surroundings. The theme park was packed with enormous rollercoasters with loops and steep drops. You looked down at your feet, grateful to be wearing your tennis shoes.

"Tell me I'm dreaming," you breathed.

"Nope. This is real," Michael smiled, squeezing your hand.

"I'm so excited!" You exclaimed, jumping up and down, "I can't believe you managed to get the park shut down! We have the whole place to ourselves!"

"Well, I wanted tonight to be special. I don't know many people brave enough to ride on rides like this. And on top of that, I love you."

You blushed and kissed his cheek.

"Come on, let's go on that one!" You pulled him toward the first rollercoaster.

He laughed and ran with you. You both ran to the front of the line and greeted the person controlling the ride. They helped you strap in and gave you a thumbs up. You grabbed Michael's hand and smiled at him. He laughed and began swinging his feet back and forth.

"Are those loafers gonna stay on?" You asked.

The ride started moving.

"Oop," you giggled.

"They'll stay on," he assured you, shaking his head and smiling.

As the ride took you up, you couldn't help looking at the incredible view. With it being nighttime, the entire park was lit with a magical glow. The higher you went, the more you could see. The adjacent city became visible. You could've cried at how beautiful it was.

"Woo!" Michael screamed.

"This is amazing!" You yelled.

His brown eyes sparkled like a child looking at a Christmas tree. You loved seeing him so happy, since he'd been quite stressed with work lately. This was exactly what you both needed. The coaster reached the top of the steep hill and edged over the peak.

"Ready?" Michael screamed excitedly.

"No!"

The coaster sped down the hill and you both screamed. Wind rushed in your face, blowing your hair back behind you. Gripping Michael's hand tighter, you braced yourself for the loop. The lights rushed past you in a golden blur. Nothing could beat this. This was where you belonged.

~~~~

"Hey, what's that?" Michael asked.

You followed his pointing finger to a small building. As you edged closer, you read the sign in the front.

"Haunted House Walkthrough: Enter At Your Own Risk."

"Ooh, that sounds fun! Y/N, we should . . ."

You'd already turned around and started walking away.

"Hey, Y/N, wait! Where are you going?" He giggled, jogging after you.

"I'd rather not risk entering, Michael," you said simply.

"Come on, it'll be fun! Nothing in there can actually hurt you, you know that. I thought you liked being scared."

"I hate being scared. Did my struggles through our horror movie nights not give you that message?"

He laughed again.

"Please, Michael . . ."

"You really won't go?" He asked.

You shook your head. He stood there for a minute, deciding on whether to drag you inside and face your wrath afterwards. He slowly took your hand and began walking toward the haunted house.