55 ↴ IRL

Briar couldn't help but let out a loud squeal as she spotted her best friend walking out of the terminal. Olivia's face lit up when she saw Briar and she quickened her pace from a walk into a jog. The pair of friends engulfed each other in a large hug, each wearing wide grins and not quite believing the moment was actually happening. The people surrounding them didn't seem to mind; it was a common sight in an airport.

"I've missed you so much!" Olivia said breathlessly as she pulled back.

"I've missed you too!" Briar replied and it was the truth. She had missed her best friend terribly; she always did.

Briar and Olivia linked arms as they began walking to where Olivia's luggage would be. "I can't believe I'm about to meet the cast of Spider-Man..."

"Hey, what about Harrison?" Briar teased, enjoying the way Olivia turned bright red and hid her face in her hand. "He talks about you all the time. Sometime I think he even forgets that I've known you for years."

"Really?" Olivia asked with a shy smile as she tucked a strand of fiery hair behind an ear. Briar nodded and loved the way Olivia's smile reached her eyes, making her look like a lovesick teenager. The model hadn't had the best past with guys, but Briar was confident that Harrison wouldn't be like any of them.

If he was anything like Tom, and Briar knew he was, Olivia was extremely lucky.

"I have a car waiting for us out front, so we'll grab your luggage and check into the room before we head to set. It'll be pretty crazy, as we're preparing to head to Berlin for a few scenes, but Tom's agreed to help me sneak you in."

Olivia was listening to Briar ramble with an expression of awe; she had never seen her best friend in work mode before and it made her happy how comfortable Briar seemed with it all. She was in her element. "I'm fine with anything! I'm so excited, oh my gosh — I have to message Harrison!"

Olivia pulled out her phone and sent a quick message to the boy, telling him that she had just finished her shoot. Briar noted the love heart next to his name and smiled.

The trip to the hotel room was smooth sailing; Olivia couldn't stop thanking Briar and she was blowing up the Charlie's Angels group chat, telling everyone else that she was excited and grateful and every other adjective she could think of to describe how she was feeling. She spent a few minutes tidying up her appearance — Briar thought she looked gorgeous nonetheless — and then they were in the car and headed towards set.

"I can't believe this. My stomach is cramping." Olivia whispered in the car, her fingers white from gripping the seats so hard.

Briar laughed and gave her best friend's hand a squeeze. "It'll be fine! Everyone is in on it, except Harrison, and he doesn't suspect a thing."

Olivia took a deep breath and nodded, smiling widely at her friend. "Thank you, Briar. Thank you. I love you."

"I love you, too."

ϟ

Tom was there to greet them as they arrived, dressed as Peter Parker and wearing a cheeky grin as Briar stepped out. He wriggled his eyebrows at her and she laughed. Olivia climbed out of the car and almost fell over when she spotted Tom Holland standing in front of her.

"You're Tom Holl—!" Olivia clapped a hand over her mouth to stop herself from screaming and she stared at Tom with wide eyes.

He waved at her, finding her reaction amusing. "Hey, Liv. Haz is at the snacks table so we can creep up on him now if you want?"

"Yes! Yes!" Olivia nodded vigorously. Briar and Tom exchanged a small smile before the actor was leading Olivia through the set, Briar following closely behind. Tom was explaining everything as he went, and Olivia looked like a child that had just discovered Disneyland.

They snuck into the building that Harrison was in, weaving in and out of people towards the snacks table, and Briar spotted the boy's head as he filled a plate with food. Olivia froze in her spot, suddenly looking terrified, and looked between Tom and Briar for confirmation. Briar nodded and Tom squeezed Olivia's shoulder encouragingly.

Taking a deep breath, Olivia rushed towards Harrison and clapped her hands over his eyes. "Guess who?"

Harrison froze immediately and dropped his plate; he would recognise that voice anywhere. He spun around, his eyes falling on Olivia's beaming face and a similar expression crossed his features. The pair stared at each other for a few seconds until Harrison pulled Olivia into a tight hug. Olivia buried her face into his neck.

Tom turned to Briar, feeling elated at the sight. He wished that was them, but knew it wouldn't happen. So, he settled for a soft whisper. "We did good, didn't we?"

Briar was smiling widely, her heart about to burst. She looked at Tom and caught his expression. Her body filled with an emotion she had never experienced before and she grabbed his hand bravely, squeezing. Tom was shocked, but squeezed back.

"Yeah," she whispered, turning to look back at Olivia and Harrison, stilling hugging tightly. Tom stayed staring at Briar, taking in her side profile and relishing in the feeling of her hand in his. "We did good."